Olive Garden Sausage and Peppers Rustica
Sausage & Peppers Rustica
Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt & Pepper, to taste
5 cup(s) Salsa Marinara (recipe follows)
4 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 can(s) Italian-style or plum tomatoes, including liquid (28 oz)
1/2 cup(s) Basil, fresh, chopped finely, firmly packed
1 1/3 cup(s) Green bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1" x 1/4" strips
1 tsp Garlic cloves, chopped finely
3/4 lb(s) Ziti pasta
1 can(s) Tomato puree (10 3/4 oz)
For Salsa Marinara
1 1/2 lb(s) Sweet or hot Italian sausages links
- Bake or pan-fry sausage until fully cooked. Drain.
- Cut sausages half lengthwise; then cut into 1/2" slices. Result will be semi-circles of sausage.
- Sauté pepper slices in olive oil until their crispness is lost, but not soft.
For Salsa Marinara (5 cups)
- Chop tomatoes. Or use a food processor on "pulse." Do not puree the tomatoes, just break them up.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, olive oil and fresh basil in sauce pan. Bring to a light simmer.
- Cook pasta. Drain and transfer to four warmed plates. Top with sausage, peppers and salsa marinara.
- Garnish each plate with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
Last edited by fatkat; 01-04-2007 at 07:31 PM.
I'm out of bed, and dressed what more do you want?