If you like smoked salmon, you will love this.. it was off-the-chain delicious! I only did a 1-lb piece but still soaked it in the whole marinade solution.. Only took 2 hours in the smoker for this small piece.. This is from recipezaar..
My husband and I manufacture meat smokers and we of course use our own product regularly. We had tried several smoked salmon recipes but this one tasted the best to us. The recipe was given to my husband by a co-worker.
1 cup water
1 cup dry white wine
2 cups soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup non-iodized salt
3-4 lbs salmon fillets (with skin)
1. In a large bowl, mix all brine ingredients thoroughly.
2. In a large, deep pan combine whole salmon fillets with the brine mixture to soak over night, keeping refrigerated.
3. Rinse thoroughly after brining.
4. Pat dry with a paper towel and allow to air dry for at least one hour prior to smoking.
5. Lay salmon fillets on smoker rack skin side down.
6. Cook in smoker at 165 degrees for 3-5 hours.
7. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your fillets.