Texas Roadhouse Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Roadhouse Rolls

Is it possible that anyone has the recipe for the dinner rolls served at Texas Roadhouse? There are a few scattered across the internet and I have tried them all There is one posted on a tv news web page that actually includes a video of a guy from Texas Roadhouse making the rolls. But---the recipe posted on the site is totally different than the video. I would be forever grateful for a similar recipe. Thank you, Ladyfrey
  • Kaci
    • Jun 2006

Texas Roadhouse Rolls

HI

I have 3 different recipes for their rolls. I have never been to one, so I will
    post all 4. Maybe among them it is the one you want.

Kaci

Texas Roadhouse Buttery Dinner Rolls

3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
    1 1/4 cups warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
    1 large egg slightly beaten
    8 tablespoons butter melted
    2 tablespoons butter flavored vegetable shortening

Place 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast, salt, sugar and dry milk. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine water and egg and stir to blend. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour water mixture into the well. Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes and frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl. Add 1/2 of the melted butter and beat to incorporate. Add remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set dough in a warm, draft free place such as oven with a pan of the hottest tap water on the rack below.

Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Coat cups, bottoms and sides of 12 cup muffin pan (or two small round pans) with shortening. Punch down batter (batter will be extremely soft and sticky). Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared muffin cups to make 12 rolls (or in pan touching the next). Brush dough with 1/2 remaining melted butter. Let rise uncovered in a warm draft free place until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes. In preheated 400 degree oven, bake rolls on middle rack for 16-18 minutes. Brush tops of baked rolls with remaining melted butter.

Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter

Texas Road House is known for their delicious rolls.

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
    1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (chilled)
    1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
    3/4 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until mixture is smooth. Serve with hot rolls or muffins. This may be stored in the refrigerator.

Texas Roadhouse Steak Rolls

Featured February 20, 2002

Ingredients Texas Rolls

2 lbs Sirloin (use random size pieces 1" to 2" chunks, sear with sirloin seasoning to medium temperature. Cool then dice into 1/4" to 1/2" pieces.)
    1 lb Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
    1/2-cup onions (sautéed with seasoning and diced to 1/4")
    2 Jalapenos (fresh, seeded and diced to 1/8" or minced)
    1 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (Texas Roadhouse brand of course!)
    24 Egg Roll Wrappers (use the approx. 7" square size)
    1 Egg
    1/2 cup Water

Sauce:
    3 cups Mayonnaise
    1 cup BBQ Sauce
    1 tablespoon Black Pepper
    1 tablespoon White Pepper
    1 tablespoon Red Pepper

Directions

Step 1: Mix Sirloin (already seasoned, seared, cooled and diced), Cheese, Onion, Jalapenos and BBQ Sauce in a large mixing boil.

Step 2: Beat egg and water in a small bowl

Step 3: Using approximately 1/3-cup mix per Wrapper, follow directions on the back of the Egg Roll Wrapper pack. Use the egg wash to seal the wrapper as directed. Continue to make rolls until your run out of wraps or mix!

Step 4: Cook in fryers approximately 1 1/2 minutes, or until wrappers are lightly browned and bubbly.

Step 5: Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl.

Serve 4 per basket with 2 oz sauce and 2 oz BBQ Sauce.
    Sauces at on end and rolls stacked on the other end.

newsroom, kidk.com

Texas Roadhouse Rolls

3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 (0.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
    1 1/4 cups warm water (105° - 115°)
    1 large egg, slightly beaten
    8 tablespoons butter, melted

1. Place 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl.
    2. Add yeast, salt, sugar, and dry milk.
    3. Mix well, set aside.
    4. In a small bowl, combine water and egg; stir to blend.
    5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
    6. Pour water mixture into the well.
    7. Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes, frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
    8. Add 1/2 of the melted butter, and beat to incorporated.
    9. Add remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition.
    10. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
    11. Set dough in a warm, draft-free place, such as oven with a pan of the hottest tap water on the rack below.
    12. Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
    13. Coat bottom and sides of 2 (8 inch) round cake pans with shortening.
    14. Punch dough down (batter will be extremely soft and sticky).
    15. Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared pans, with sides touching. 16. Brush dough with 1/2 remaining melted butter.
    17. Let rise, uncovered, in a warm, draft-free place, until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
    18. Bake in preheated 400° oven, on middle rack for 16-18 minutes. 19. Brush tops of baked rolls with remaining melted butter.

Cinnamon Butter
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
    2 ounces granulated sugar
    2 ounces brown sugar
    4 teaspoons cinnamon

Texas Roadhouse Restaurant in Dallas

Posted by: TallnTammCA
    Secret Restaurant Recipes

Comment

• Buckwheat2
      Banned
      • Jun 2006

Re: T ROADHOUSE ROLLS

[QUOTE=ladyfrey]Is it possible that anyone has the recipe for the dinner rolls served at Texas Roadhouse? There are a few scattered across the internet and I have tried them all There is one posted on a tv news web page that actually includes a video of a guy from Texas Roadhouse making the rolls. But---the recipe posted on the site is totally different than the video. I would be forever grateful for a similar recipe. Thank you, Ladyfrey[/QUOTE]

I have two recipes that are good but I do not know IF they are the real deal. They are delisious though. I brush the butter, cinn, and honey over them.Disregard if you already have these

Texas Road House Sweet Yeast Rolls

1/2 sol. oz. cake of yeast or 1 pkg. active dry yeast
      1/2 c. warm water
      2 c. milk
      3 tablespoons of melted butter
      1/2 c. sugar
      2 qt. all purpose flour
      2 whole eggs
      2 tsp. salt

Soften yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar. Scald milk; cool to lukewarm. Add yeast, sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter. Beat thoroughly. Let stand until light and foamy. Add melted butter (which has been cooled), eggs and salt. Beat well. Add enough flour to form soft dough. Sprinkle small amount of flour on counter and let dough rest. Meanwhile, clean and dry bowl; grease clean surface of bow. Knead dough until smooth and satiny. Put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in bulk. Punch down. Turn out on floured board. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes. Shape dough into desired forms. Place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce temperature to 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes more. Cool on rack.

Yield: 5 to 6 dozen

Texas Road House Rolls Clone

3 cups all-purpose flour
      2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
      1 teaspoon salt
      2 tablespoons sugar
      1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
      1 1/4 cups warm water (105° - 115°)
      1 large egg, slightly beaten
      8 tablespoons butter, melted

Place 2 cups flour in a large mixing bowl.
      Add yeast, salt, sugar, and dry milk.
      Mix well, set aside.
      In a small bowl, combine water and egg; stir to blend.
      Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
      Pour water mixture into the well.
      Mix by hand, beating 150 strokes, frequently scraping bottom and sides of bowl.
      Add 1/2 of the melted butter, and beat to incorporated.
      Add remaining flour, about 1/3 cup at a time, beating to incorporate each addition.
      Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
      Set dough in a warm, draft-free place, such as oven with a pan of the hottest tap water on the rack below.
      Allow batter to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
      Coat bottom and sides of 2 (8 inch) round cake pans with shortening.
      Punch dough down (batter will be extremely soft and sticky).
      Drop by hand or spoonful into prepared pans, with sides touching.
      Brush dough with 1/2 remaining melted butter.
      Let rise, uncovered, in a warm, draft-free place, until doubled in bulk, about 30 minutes.
      Bake in preheated 400° oven, on middle rack for 16-18 minutes.
      Brush tops of baked rolls with remaining melted butter.
      12 rolls

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

• Cookbook_Lover

Thanks for posting this! I went to the Texas RH for the first time last month. Didn't care for my meal but LOVED those rolls. I will have to try the recipe!

Lisa

Comment

• StephanieM
          Administrator
          • Jun 2006

Actually I think this would taste better if you buy some specialized yeast from http://www.kingarthurflour.com they have some yeast that gives you a sweeter bread.

Stephanie

oh, I recently went there as well and had a very similar experience in the not so great food. 2/3 of my menu items had to be sent back. Well done steaks are not the same as the medium one I ordered, and when you ask for potoes with butter only, andthey come out with everything else, they are going back.

Comment

• BettyR
            • Oct 2006

It's really hard to reproduce "specialty" breads without specialty ingredients. I make bread almost every day and I order my dough conditioner from Prepared Pantry:
            http://www.preparedpantry.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=500

Dough conditioner is what gives the bread the light fluffy texture that we love so much in the restaurant breads and rolls. The instructions on the bag say to use 1/2 teaspoon per loaf but I use more than that to actually get the results that I want. I use about 1-1/2 teaspoons per loaf or 2 cups of flour.

You can get Vital Wheat Gluten from the grocery store but I order it online to save money.

You can order 3.5-pound can for $8.99.
            http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=580

I order the case 6 cans 3.5 pounds each for $35.99, at that price it's like getting 2 of the 3.5 pound cans free.
            http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=298

A case will last me about 1 year. An unopened can has a shelf life of about 5 years but once it's opened it needs to be stored in the freezer. In the freezer it should last indefinitely. I store all my bread making supplies in the freezer that way they are always just opened fresh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            I use this basic recipe for most of the things that I make. For whole wheat bread just replace 1 cup of the AP flour with 1 cup of whole-wheat flour and add 1/4 cup of honey. This is a soft dough and I never have a problem with it because I use my mixer to make it. Kneading a dough this soft by hand would take a little practice to get it right.

Bread

2 cups hot tap water
            1/4 cup shortening
            1 teaspoons salt
            2 tablespoons sugar
            1/3 cup powdered milk

Put ingredients into stand mixer or bread machine pan. Stir to melt shortening.
            If using a bread machine add the rest of the ingredients and turn on the machine.

4 cups all-purpose flour
            2 heaping tablespoons of VWG
            1 tablespoon of dough conditioner
            1 heavy teaspoon of yeast

Add 3 cups of the flour to the mixer bowl and the rest of the ingredients in the order given and beat with the paddle attachment on low speed to mix the ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl when needed. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.

Add the last cup of flour and replace the paddle attachment with the dough hook. Knead on the #2 setting for 15 minutes.

Spray dough with oil and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size.

Shape the dough for whatever you are going to use it for; rise and bake at 375° for:
            45 minutes for 1 big round loaf
            30 minutes for 2 loaf pans
            30 minutes for a 9x13inch pan of cinnamon rolls or dinner rolls
            45 minutes for a cinnamon bun Babka
            25 minutes for hamburger or hot dog buns
            Last edited by BettyR; 03-24-2007, 02:15 PM.
            "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
            -Will Rogers

Comment

• ConnieP
              CopyKat Chatter
              • Dec 2006

All these recipes sound great. I love Texas Road House and we have never had anything less than a super meal. But I sure understand when you don't.

Comment

• StephanieM
                Administrator
                • Jun 2006

Re: Texas Roadhouse Rolls

These rolls would be perfect for Thanksgiving.

Comment

• oliviaswarden
                  • Dec 2010

Re: Texas Roadhouse Rolls

Texas Roadhouse CopyCat Cinnamon Butter

Ingredients

1/2 cup sweet cream butter (softened, salted)
                  1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
                  1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
                  Directions
                  1.In a small bowl, with a handmixer, beat butter till fluffy.
                  2.Add confectioner's sugar at a time, blending well.
                  3.Add cinnamon to mixture and blend well.
                  4.Scoop into a small container-serve immediately or refrigerate.

This is the closest or even dead-on recipe for Texas Roadhouse..I am a huge fan of their rolls and butter, I figured it out one day how they did it..easy...Restaurants don't necessarily have specialities to make their signatures-actually you would be surprised what they use, shortcuts etc..I know, I worked in the industry..A lot of your favorites, the ingredients can be found just in your own pantry!! Texas Roadhouse Rolls are just your basic sweet dough rolls..nothing more-they just add more sugar..that's the trick..

Comment

Working...
                  X