X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sancandy
    • Jun 2006

electric donut maker recipes needed

I have lost the recipe manual that came with my donut maker. It was the type that made mini donut bites. The recipes only made a cup or two of batter. I would really appreciate some recipes. The one I really enjoyed making was the lemon poppyseed donut. It was so good. Thank you in advance.
  • Rubelishous
    Master Chef
    • Jun 2006

Could you contact the manufacturer of your donut maker and ask for a replacement book?

Here's a recipe I found online

Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    3 tablespoons poppy seeds
    1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup buttermilk
    3 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    6 to 8 cups vegetable oil for frying
    Lemon glaze (recipe follows)

Preparation
    1. In a bowl, mix flour, poppy seeds, lemon peel, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla to blend. Stir into dry ingredients until well blended. Chill until firm, at least 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
    2. Scrape dough onto a generously floured surface. With floured hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place doughnut holes on a floured baking sheet.

3. Meanwhile, fill an electric deep-fryer to the fill line or pour about 4 inches of oil into a 5- to 6-quart pan; heat to 375°. Using a slotted spoon to pick up one or two doughnut holes at a time, gently lower three or four holes into oil and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes (to check timing, cut first doughnut hole to test). Using slotted spoon, transfer doughnut holes to paper towels to drain. Repeat to fry remaining holes.

4. When cool enough to handle, roll each hole in glaze to coat. Place on a plate and let stand until glaze is set, about 2 minutes.

Lemon glaze. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup lemon juice and 2 cups powdered sugar until smooth.

Comment

• Smylietron
      • Jul 2007

Baked doughnuts? Heresy!

Still, if you can make it work in a donut maker, this Wolfgang Puck recipe sounds great:

http://www.recipe4living.com/Recipe/26448-ChocolateBuchtelnBakedFilledDoughnuts.aspx

Comment

• milkyway412
        • Jun 2006

I never had the time to make them from scratch and when I did I realized all it was, was a cake mix. I went and purchased a cake mix and they tasted great. There was this one called cinammon swirl. Wow, wonderful tasted like a donut dunked in cinammon and sugar when warm. Yummy. Anyway, you could probably use any cake mix (homemade or boxed) and it would work the same. Just thought I would give my idea. Good luck.

Debbie
        Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

Working...
        X