• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • food gal
    CopyKat Chatter
    • Jul 2006

ISO Fudge recipe like the ones at the County Fair's

I looking for a recipe for fudge (maple or vanilla dh favorite) like you can buy at the county fairs. It is so creamy and rich.TIA
    Darlene
  • Rubelishous
    Master Chef
    • Jun 2006

Re: ISO Fudge recipe like the ones at the County Fair's

Darlene the best & creamiest fudge I've ever made has 2 ingredients and the flavor possibilities are endless:

1 can of frosting - your choice of flavour (think chocolate frosting with mint chips or whatever your imagination craves)
    1 bag of chocolate chips - your choice of flavour

Butter a square pan and have ready - or you could line it with parchment paper for easier removal from pan.

Melt the chips in the microwave in 30 second increments
    When nice and melted put in the can of icing/frosting and mix well.
    Transfer the square pan and chill
    You might want to cut it into squares before it completely hardens.

I've made this and then rolled each of the cut squares into small balls and put them into paper candy cups

Comment

• BobbiJo_AZ
      • Jun 2006

I don't know if the vanilla layer of the following recipe is like that sold at your county fair. I often make this in December to share with neighbors. I also have made just the peanut butter fudge as that is my favorite.

Triple Layer Fudge

Vanila Fudge Layer

1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
      5-oz. can evaporated milk
      2 Tbsp. butter
      1/4 tsp. salt
      1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
      1 cup (6 oz.) white chocolate chipe
      1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows until melted and well blended. Add chips and vanilla. Stir about 6 minutes until smooth and slightly thickened. Spread in buttered baking pan.

Semisweet Chocolate Fudge Layer

Substitute semisweet chocolate chips for the white chocolate chips. Prepare the same way. Spread on top of the vanilla fudge layer.

Peanut Butter Fudge Layer

Reduce granulated sugar to 3/4 cup; add 3/4 cup packed brown sugr. Omit butter and chocolate chips. Cook as above. Stir in marshmallows until melted and smooth. Mix in 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter and stir until smooth and slightly thickened. Spread on top of the semisweet chocolate layer.
      Last edited by BobbiJo_AZ; 09-15-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Bean
        Gold Member
        • Jun 2006

[QUOTE=Rubelishous;416373]Darlene the best & creamiest fudge I've ever made has 2 ingredients and the flavor possibilities are endless:

1 can of frosting - your choice of flavour (think chocolate frosting with mint chips or whatever your imagination craves)
        1 bag of chocolate chips - your choice of flavour

Butter a square pan and have ready - or you could line it with parchment paper for easier removal from pan.

Melt the chips in the microwave in 30 second increments
        When nice and melted put in the can of icing/frosting and mix well.
        Transfer the square pan and chill
        You might want to cut it into squares before it completely hardens.

I've made this and then rolled each of the cut squares into small balls and put them into paper candy cups[/QUOTE]

I made this yesterday using Betty Crocker’s Triple Chocolate Fudge Chip Frosting and Dark Chocolate and Mint Chips and it was excellent. DH took it into work today and it disappeared quickly! Thanks for the recipe. It’s a KEEPER. In fact I went out today and bought the making to make 3 different kinds. LOL

Comment

• detritus
          • May 2007

FoodGal, the fudge recipe posted by Rubelicious is the only fudge recipe I use anymore. You can use vanilla chips with vanilla frosting. Maple chips with vanilla frosting. Chocolate chips with cherry frosting. I could go on, but you get the idea.
          Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

• Rubelishous
            Master Chef
            • Jun 2006

I've used mint chips with chocolate frosting or white frosting

I go to the bulk store and get chips there. It isn't brain surgery so as long as you get the approximate amount of chips you're fine - much cheaper as well.

Comment

• Rubelishous
              Master Chef
              • Jun 2006

I just found some cinnamon chips at the bulk store. Now, what type of icing would work well with that? I guess anything - yummy cinnamon

Comment

• AllieK
                Master Chef
                • Jun 2006

I do the dark chocolate chips and coconut pecan frosting. I like to add a little coconut flavoring to it to make the coconut flavor a little more pronounced

Comment

• Rubelishous
                  Master Chef
                  • Jun 2006

Allie - you could add real coconut and/or pecans to it as well. Or you could roll them into balls and then roll into coconut or pecans.

I'll have to look for coconut pecan frosting

Comment

• AllieK
                    Master Chef
                    • Jun 2006

[QUOTE=Rubelishous;417088]Allie - you could add real coconut and/or pecans to it as well. Or you could roll them into balls and then roll into coconut or pecans.

I'll have to look for coconut pecan frosting[/QUOTE]

Tastes like almond joy bars. I've added finely chopped almonds and one time put a small almond on each square, but that is hard to do while the fudge is still soft. I never know where to place them to get even pieces

Comment

• food gal
                      CopyKat Chatter
                      • Jul 2006

Thank You everyone. I will being testing these out on my family. Thanks again you guys are the best!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X