Maggiano's Crispy Fried Zucchini THERE ISN'T A LOT OF SEASONING...SO SEASON AS YOU WISH
Crispy Fried Zucchini
1) Zucchini - Washed and stems removed. Cut zucchini into 6 1/2" length and
2) Batter (see recipe below)
1) Dip each individual slice of zucchini in batter and allow batter to briefly drip off
zucchini. Dip zucchini into Japanese breadcrumbs pressing into crumbs to coat
2) Carefully place onto a parchment lined sheet tray sprinkled with Japanese crumbs.
Place zucchini side by side. Do not overlap.
3) You can put a second sheet of parchment on top and repeat...creating a second
layer. Do not stack higher than two layers.
4) Fry the breaded zucchini strips in a 350 degree fryer until crisp and golden. Drain
on a napkin lined half sheet tray to absorb grease.
5) Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and (optional) 1 tbs. of cheese of choice.
6) Place zucchini on napkin lined sandwich plate...off-setting strips to create some
7) It can be served with a side cup of 4 oz. Lemon Aioli (see below) and 1/2 Lemon. You can also
sprinkle with 1/2 tbs. chopped parsley.
1) 1/2 quart of seasoned Flour
2) 1/2 quart of Corn Starch
3) 2 1/2 cups Soda Water
4) Salt and Pepper mix (1/2 tbs. and 1/4 tsp.)
5) Japanese Breadcrumbs
1) Measure soda water into a stainless steel mixing bowl.
2) Combine seasoned flour with cornstarch and salt and add to soda water 1 cup
at at time...incorporate with a whisk.
3) Do not overmix batter. (Batter should be the consistency of thin pancake batter.)