I Cannot Get On the Chat Part of the Board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Cannot Get On the Chat Part of the Board

It has taken me all day getting this far as it says that it is offline or that the Web Page does not have access.

I don't know why I can get on here but not on the chat part and I really worked getting on the site period. I could not get in just by clicking on this site, come in through the recipes that Steph posts but finally made through the history part of the computer after clicking on about ten different posts. I can see the entire forum but when I click on chat it will not let me in.

Help please!! Please!! I am Lonely!!!!! Thank you. Do not post back on chat but on this thread as it is the only one that would let me in.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Re: I Cannot Get On the Chat Part of the Board

I don't know what is happening. I can't seem to produce the problem.

Comment

g'day, Steph... the problem is when trying to go directly into the forums, possibly from a bookmarked link. That's what happened to me anyway. I got a blank page with "Page not found". BluJ helped me to get in by going to copykatchat.com first and then entering the forums through that page. It's still happening... for me anyway. The bookmark I've always used is: www.copykatchat.com/copykat-chat/ so maybe something has changed with that. Yesterday the site was down for a short while with a different page but I can't remember the code number for the fault that was shown.

Hope that helps a little
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

That is what I had. bookmarked, clicked on and I got "website offline 502: bad gateway" and then when I try getting onto chat forum I get "webpage cannot be found" Coming by typing for copycat does not always work and I work at in and finally get here. Dang, I am having withdrawal. Thanks for helping Steph.

Comment

Yeah, when you put it like that, it looks the file structure changed. I'll have to put in a ticket, it looks like everything is still here, but it isn't working properly though. I am not sure as to why.

Comment

That is because until Chayote said something about bookmarked it turned on the light bulb for me. I was smart enough that I wrote down what it said but dumb enough I did not put that in till Chayote said something.

Thank you so much.

Comment

I still cannot get into the Chat Thread. When I clicked onto the "more information" where it said the webpage could not be found this is what it says:
              This error, HTTP 404 not found, means the Internet Explorer, was able to connect to the website but page not found. It could be temporarily unavailable or website might have changed or removed the web page.

I feel like the redheaded stepchild as I can see but cannot play.

Thanks for working on this for me Steph and anyone else that cannot get on.

Comment

Hmmm I see to be OK
                I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

All I get is *Page not found*

Comment

That is all I get. Still am getting it.

Comment

livetobake... edit the URL in your bookmark to: http://www.copykatchat.com/f3/

That will fix it completely

I tried to PM you about it but your inbox is full
                      Last edited by Chayote; 12-19-2014, 07:15 PM.

Comment

How do I edit it? I a drop down thing on the left hand side of the screen and the top that has like magnify glass and down error and round circle that is the refresh button. Where the copykat address was it now the website is offline junk. All there is is a red x and when I scroll over that is says delete.

I have no idea how I edit it, am a totally out of my element. I need precise step by step instructions please, please. Thank you for responding and helping me. I am about ready to give up on this.

I will be waiting, please type back on this thread. You are an angel!!

Comment

sorry, livetobake... I only just saw this. Where do you have your copykat shortcut? Is it at the top of the page? If so, click your mouse on it but click the right button, not the left. You should see a list of what you can do to your shortcut. There should be one called "edit". Click on that and it will open with a box that shows the web address for copykat. You need to change it to read http://www.copykatchat.com/f3/

If that's difficult, copy this:

http://www.copykatchat.com/f3/

and paste it into the address bar at the top of your page. Once you get into the chat page, just make another shortcut however you did before.

If that doesn't work, we'll think of another way to get you in. Hang in there, my friend... we'll sort it out

Comment

Ok, when I drop down all the sites I use it is no longer there, just that thing that now says it is not found. I don't know how you paste or copy. I right clicked anyhow and nothing happened. It takes so long for me getting on this site if I leave it, the same way is not working twice.

Thanks for the effort.

Comment

Thank you for this address Chay!

I typed it into my address bar.Then added it to my favorites list(This is what worked for me) & that's how I/m able to enter Copykat.

Comment

Working...
                              X