Above Ground Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above Ground Pool

Does anyone here have an above ground pool? We purchased one about 3 weeks ago and it refuses to warm up. We have not been able to really swim yet and I am really getting frustrated!

If anyone has any tips I would love to know!

Thanks

Where are ya from? It is hot as Hell down here already. People have been in the lakes and creeks for a while now. My parents had an above ground pool for years and they griped because it could get too hot, almost like a hot tub. I am in Southwest Alabama.

Comment

my Ds had above ground pool, and also lives on the lake. We were there memorial weekend and the pool was very warm...but refreshing! I guess I'm not to far from Damar12.
      I organize chores into catagories.
      Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

I'm not too far from you both, either, I'm in east central Mississippi, right on the Alabama state line.

My neice has an above ground pool, and they've already been in it.

Comment

luv2bake, my oldest DD lives in Madison.
          I organize chores into catagories.
          Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

Seems like we talked about that one time! My dd just moved back recently from the reservoir area...

Comment

We have an above ground pool and the only way to get it warm is to use a solar cover. It is the BEST investment we have made! Not only does it WARM the water during the day, but it keeps the warmth in on the cool nights and the BEST plus.. it helps to keep the pool clean. (pollen, leaves and bugs). We keep it on until the water warms up to where we want it. (usually the pollen is gone by that time!) and store it.. Then in the fall when the nights start getting cool. out it comes again. Giving us more swim time for the season.
              Tessa

Comment

We have a solar panel for ours this year. Going to connect it at the week end.

I'll update you about Monday...should be warm by then!

Comment

We just went next door to his sisters pool and the water has been warm for a week or more here ...she also has the black rubber (baffles?) water heater ..works like a charm! heats the water up just rite for me!

Comment

Downright cooler here than usual. My cousin has a lovely above ground that she has to use the heater on year round. She also uses a solar cover because the cost to heat that pool is outrageous.

Hope it warms up for ya soon - enjoy!!

Comment

My Mom has an inground. She had the pool opened in early April, cause it had been HOT. Since then, it has been mostly cooler. There have been a few hot days. The water did warn up last week, but now it is cooler again. The kids usually can stand the cooler water but not me.

Comment

water heater

we have a inground pool we don't have that problem living in fl but people who do say get a water heater for your pool.

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions! I guess I need a solar cover. The box says that it will heat up to 8 degrees, I guess that is enough. Honestly anything will help!
                          We live in Texas and it has been hot, just not hot enough I guess.

Comment

Working...
                          X