Recipe Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipe Archive

Why not start a recipe archive, rather than put all the individual recipes back in the open forum. I suspect that it is awesome for a new person to come in and see all these great recipes. In my opinion the forum is for recipe discussion. You post, we try and discuss or cuss. I am just kidding about that cussing ...... hmmmmmmmm. What do others think?

Here is my input...........the search feature on this board is AMAZING. If there is anything you want to search for you will find it. I think this is going to work out so nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Damar12
      Why not start a recipe archive, rather than put all the individual recipes back in the open forum. I suspect that it is awesome for a new person to come in and see all these great recipes. In my opinion the forum is for recipe discussion. You post, we try and discuss or cuss. I am just kidding about that cussing ...... hmmmmmmmm. What do others think?
      I dont understand what you mean? maybe you can explain better! my idea is this, here on the chatboards there are no recipes what so ever ....but then in tried and true, recipes to try etc ... that is their purpose to house recipes and theres some great ones I have been **LOST** without!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatkat
        Here is my input...........the search feature on this board is AMAZING. If there is anything you want to search for you will find it. I think this is going to work out so nicely

I agree, the search REALLY works! LOL

Comment

Not sure I answered Damars question either but I think if we have the storage room on this board vs archiving and locking recipes on the old board - I would much rather have it this way.

Yesterday during the C&P, I would often come back to this board and do a search to see if the recipe was already here and found it to be extremely reliable.

Hope everyone enjoys it all

Comment

I think Damar means to have a separate forum for all the recipes from the old boards. I think because the newer recipes are getting buried.

If there is plenty of space on the new board, and the search works well, then I don't mind it either way.

I appreciate all the work that is being done to get the recipes moved over
            Last edited by sunny58; 06-07-2006, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I think it is a really tough call on the posts and archving the recipes that are being brought over. What I am leaning towards is archiving recipe posts after a few months. Once you get a certain volume of posts up anything but say the first 30-40 won't be readily visible.

Comment

That is what I was thinking and trying to express Sunny. Thanks. I appreciate all that ya'll do on here. It is just tough trying to weed through the older stuff and trying to figure out what is new. I meant no disrepect to anyone for their efforts.

Comment

Not a problem Damar - we LOVE your recipes too so keep em coming

Comment

Originally posted by Damar12
                    I meant no disrepect to anyone for their efforts.

We knew that!

Comment

From another thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am kinda leaning towards this ....

Keep the categories as they are. But add an archive section. The achive will be categorized by type of food, and I would like for it have just the recipe. I could also moderate the archive section with the help of a few people to just post the recipes over there.

What I like about this is that you still get your recipe being new and talked about in the right section, and then you get the benefit of just the recipe being posted in the archive section as well.

Comment

I like that idea Stephanie. Some great thinking going on in here.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny58
                          I think Damar means to have a separate forum for all the recipes from the old boards. I think because the newer recipes are getting buried.

If there is plenty of space on the new board, and the search works well, then I don't mind it either way.

I appreciate all the work that is being done to get the recipes moved over
                          OH!!!! Damar I see this is all set up good idea!!

Comment

Working...
                          X