What A Bum Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What A Bum Deal

Two weeks ago hubby asked for Friday off to attend his daughters high school graduation. Yesterday he was denied the day and was told to not even think of calling off.

He has been with UPS for almost 20 years, has called off maybe 2 times in the last 12 years since I have been with him, is on time and works his butt off with overtime daily.

He was so looking forward to attending her graduation ceremony friday night and will not make it in time to go. What a rotten deal

Also, when I graduated from this same school, our grad ceremony was always on a Saturday afternoon. I don't understand why they would have it on a Friday night but that could be a problem for lots of people. Just plain stupid.

How awful that DH cant go see his daughter graduate. I think that's a terrible thing for them to do to such a dedicated employee. Maybe he cpould get off a little earlier...or could have a helper for the end of his route??

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. That is terrible; shame on them! (but I do love the brown truck )

Comment

LOL, no helpers or a short day. He has to work a full day or take it off (which he was denied). They cannot leave early or work half days. He could ask for an 8-hour day but never guaranteed and never happens.

Comment

What a crap deal for your dh! This time of year is not even that busy. It seems like they could have let him off.I hope your dd won't be too disappointed.

Comment

Is there anybody he could swap days with ?? That is too bad that the company is taking that stand. After all HS graduatioin only happens once.
            Can he call in sick ????? But I guess that would be soo obivious ( sorry sp?).

Comment

Well that does suck majorly!!!!!

I was just thinking the same ...is there anyone with that day off that would work for him?

Will someone record it so he can watch it later?

Things like this are just wrong ...a commited employee, his daughter reaching a milestone in her life and he put in to have it off 2 weeks ago and is denied ...

Comment

Shame, Shame on UPS

Comment

What a bunch of BS! That is wrong in so many ways!

Comment

That is wrong. HS Graduation only happens once. Did they give him a reason for denying his request? I just can't believe they would take such a hard line in this instance.

Comment

Do you know a Dr. that could write a note? They couldn't argue if he called in sick and had a Dr.'s not could they?

Comment

Ditto with everything that has been said.....that's just plain wrong!!

Comment

Originally posted by Puddintain
                          That is wrong. HS Graduation only happens once. Did they give him a reason for denying his request? I just can't believe they would take such a hard line in this instance.

There must be drivers off on vacation, sick time and other may have called off that have senority over him?? I don't know?

Comment

Sad

shame on ups for taking this away from your DH.

Comment

That is unacceptable. They should appreciate the request and advance notice. I would not miss my child's graduation.

The place has to be able to operate in case of emergency without an employee. Not to let an employee off to attend a graduation is mean.

I had just started a new job and did not have time saved to take off. I asked my boss if I could take time off without pay. My boss was more than happy to give me the time off.

Comment

Working...
                              X