• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tessa
    CopyKat Chatter
    • Jun 2006

Not happy with the way the board was shut down

I am not trying to start a major problem. But I really have a problem with the way the "old" board was SHUT DOWN. There was a thread about changing to a new server and it seemed that is was in the works. But to close it down over night? Don't think this is quite fair to us members.

Would like to know if T&T recipes will be restored? Or are we just "S..." out of luck?
    Tessa
  • Amber0024
    • Jun 2006

I'm not trying to cause a stink either, but I'm one of "Those people" that it takes a while for me to get used to something new, and today when I went to log on it was like BAM! New thing to get used to. And I thought it said that Copykat was getting a facelift, not a whole new board. It is nice though, but it will diffinatly take some getting used to.
    And my posts are gone. I was working toward that 1000 mark (I know I only had like 370, but I was getting there)
    I'm out of bed, and dressed what more do you want?

Comment

• Tessa
      CopyKat Chatter
      • Jun 2006

Not a face lift.. but rather a major re-constructive surgery~

And as Mikey says.. I like it, I like it!!! (LIFE cereal)!
      Tessa

Comment

Wellllll, this has happened before - LOL
        I was on CK this morning and in the middle of PM'ing a member and it never went through. I don't know why it happened this way (again)

Comment

• cottun
          CopyKat Chatter
          • Jun 2006

From the looks of this board, I cant imagine the work that went into all this. The shut-down didnt bother me that bad. In fact, I was a lot more productive here at home today, not being able to spend my time on the puter, like I usually would for hours and hours.

Comment

I just LOVE the blue colors on this board and really hope it stays this color but I think Stephanie is going to go with the orange/yellow theme again.

Comment

• shadow
              CopyKat Chatter
              • Jun 2006

Just want to add I love these colors too....

Comment

• apanda
                Gold Member
                • Jun 2006

I like this color combo better too. Its very easy on the eyes.

Comment

• julesinba
                  • Jun 2006

I think it looks great and I appreciate all of the hard work that went into it. I'm glad to see it back up and running!

Comment

• MissKise
                    CopyKat Chatter
                    • Jun 2006

I thought I was just banned or locked out due to my question ........I was on the old site, posting a reply and hit send....and BOOM no board!

I was hoping to grab some of the old recipes and things from the old site today/tonight and tomorrow. I guess I am out of luck.

Comment

• Kula
                      • Jun 2006

I also like the colors better, like apanda said easier on the eyes.
                      People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to pick on rich women than biker gangs.

Comment

• wishingstar
                        Gold Member
                        • Jun 2006

I like these colors a lot too!

Comment

• Amber0024
                          • Jun 2006

Meeeeeee tooooooooo. (he he that was me trying to take up the 10 spaces for the min. post)
                          I'm out of bed, and dressed what more do you want?

Comment

• StephanieM
                            Administrator
                            • Jun 2006

Message board issues:

Let's see, I didn't get much of a choice either. I was forced into flipping the domain to new server without much notice on my end either. I found it rather annoying as well. This was forced onto me by the installation person. Due to where the site is now hosted, you couldn't install things without the domain name pointing to the live site. Did I know this before hand. NO.

I understand some people are upset. Other than apologize to you, I can't do much. I can't restore the posting counts either. Once again, I am sorry.

As I have stated in about six different threads it may be possible for me to move over the postings. It may take me a week to complete this, if it is possible. I know, once again, not ideal.

I am not trying to shift the blame, for the fault. There were a couple of issues that I couldn't remedy to where there was a smooth transition. There is still a learning curve here.

Additionally, there will continue to be some changes. This is a work in progress.

Stephanie

Comment

Well, I am just thrilled to death to be on this new board - THANK YOU!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X