Yearbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yearbooks

This really ticked me off when I heard the high school this year is not releasing the yearbooks until August. That means the kids cannot get their friends to sign their books.

What a bunch of BS ~ my stepdaughter is graduating Friday and is already done with school as her last day was Monday.

What is the problem with them getting signatures during the last few days of school? Was wondering when your kids get their books?

When I was in school, we got them 2 weeks before school let out.

I remember my kids getting theirs before school was out. And my oldest granddaughter, who just finished middle school, got hers before school was out last week. That is too bad that the books don't come out until august, so many kids will have already left town to go to college etc. Nothing like the last few days of HS, getting friends & teachers to sign your book.

Comment

When I was a senior in HS I didn't get them until like the day of graduation. Funny thing it was soo important to get them signed at the time. Now, I don't think I have looked at my yearbooks in maybe 8-10 years.

Comment

That is what all the kids want, to get their friends to sign it. I don't see any reason they can't get them out sooner!

Comment

My daughter graduated last night, and they got their yearbooks 2 weeks ago. I heard of another school nearby not getting theirs until August. I do not understand that at all, the students pay big bucks in our area for the yearbook and they do want friends to sign them before everyone leaves for college. By the way Fatkat - how are your plans coming for your sd graduation party? We had my daughters this past Sat. night and they had the best time! It was a huge success.

Comment

We got ours before school was out. However, my kids don't get theirs until the second quarter of the following year!!!!! Not even mentioning the horrible spelling, and inaccuracies. I hate to keep shelling out the moola for them, but then they wouldn't have anything. What a rip!

They DO publish a prom book which is adorable

Comment

When my kids were in High School, they were sent a notice by mail to come pick them up during the summer after school was out. That's crazy! I agree about not being able to get them signed...especially Senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa
                By the way Fatkat - how are your plans coming for your sd graduation party? We had my daughters this past Sat. night and they had the best time! It was a huge success.
                It's in 2-1/2 weeks
                Glad yours was a success. This is just going to be a small one. Her mom is having the big one and ours is just hubby and my family coming.

Comment

I was assistant editor of my high school yearbook many moons ago. We didn't get ours until school started back in August or early September. We worked on snapshot pages of senior trip and graduation after school was out for summer. That is why it took so long for us to get ours back. It is nice to have those senior trip pages and graduation pages in your senior yearbook even if you can't get all of your friends to sign it. My kids do not get theirs until then, either, for the same reason.
                  Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

We don't get ours until after school starts within a few weeks. Our seniors get their memory books in April and thats what they get all their friends to sign. I've never heard them complain about it.
                    ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

Comment

I was on yearbook staff in highschool also. We didn't get ours until the next school year started. The seniors who graduated got notices in the mail telling them to come pick them up. Seniors did however get the memory books about a month before we graduated so we had plenty of time to have everyone sign them and fill them with all sorts of things. Mine is so full that it won't close right, and I have a rubber band holding it shut! And I wasn't a popular kid at all.

I've been cleaning out one of the upstairs bedrooms that I keep odds and ends in and I almost tossed all my old yearbooks in the trash the other weekend. I held onto them, but I was only close to a couple people in school and haven't opened those yearbooks since I graduated in 1990.
                      A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

Comment

We got ours in the last week or two before school got out.
                        I was on the Yearbook staff my Junior & Senior year, when we received our yearbook my Junior year, we all found 3 "action shots" that someone snuck into the book of an unknown kid skateboarding on the roof of the school. We have yet to this day, to figure out who the kid is & who snuck the pics in
                        Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Comment

Someone mentioned not looking at their books in 10 years. My kids have mine out all the time. They are plain old black and white but they love looking at the teachers they have that I also had and I graduated 25 years ago

Comment

I got mine at the senior banquet.. 1 week before graduation.. and my kids did too. YIKES.. geting the book AFTER school get's out doesn't seem right!
                            Bet they wanted those "pricey" senior pictures months before, huh? And the $ months ago.
                            The best part of a year book is reading the 'crap' that was written to you..

Remember the time...
                            Didn't get to hang with you but...
                            LOL!
                            Getting after graduation doesn't seem right to me.
                            Tessa

Comment

I have every yearbook of mine from 7th-12th grade. My kids' albums from 1-12th grade.....and we look at them often. It's funny to see the kids that we thought were so fine!! Many laughs over those old treasures!

Comment

Working...
                              X