What would you do? Gift receiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do? Gift receiving

I have a friend that I gave a gift to. She did not want it so she handed it right back to me and said she wasn't going to use it. I had bought it in London for her. I think she should have just kept it and said thank-you. My thoughts are what she did was rude. What do you think?

I think it was rude too!

Comment

That is past rude IMO...we all get gifts we couldnt care less about but thats a extreme way of dealing with them!

Comment

I agree it was rude, sometimes you just have to play nice.

I wouldn't be giving her a gift again. Just a nice card. I have received gifts that I didn't like, want or could use, accepted them gracefull and did what I wanted with them later. I would never tell the gift giver I didn't like something or what I did with it.

Comment

with friends like that you don't need enemies.

Comment

I'm with wishingstar, this is beyond rude! I wouldn't bother EVER getting anything for her again!

Comment

WOW.

I am sorry that your friend did that too you. Geez, a gift from London. I was there in March. London is soooo expensive. It's crazy expensive there. Lunch at a plain place, nothing fancy always ran me 10-20 dollars. Think of someplace expensive, double that, that's how much things cost in London.

Comment

Was it her birthday? anniversary? what was the occasion? I know if i had a friend who went on vacation or what ever, and brought me back i would not fell obligated to except it. unless it was for some special occasion like my anaiversary or birthday.
                Last edited by Rescuedpanther; 06-07-2006, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Beyond rude in my book.. I would no longer waste my time getting her anything in the future.
                  p.s. I would also say something to her to let her know that you thought it was inconsiderate.
                  Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

Thats terrible! She ought to be ashamed of herself!

Comment

If that had been me that was giving a gift to my friend who pretty much threw it back in my face, I would take that as a cue that she has enough friends and does not need me anymore. That was so incredibly rude. She was trying to hurt your feelings. Nothing else explains it. No one can be so oblivious to think that it is okay to hand back an unwanted gift as soon as you receive it.
                      Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

well, i'm in the minority here.

i would be glad that we were close enough friends that she could be honest with me, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings. i would rather have it back and keep myself or give it to someone who would like it instead of it being put in a closet or thrown away.

Comment

Nice way to think lovesdogs. I would not have thought of that. I have heard that you usually buy items you would really enjoy having yourself with keeping in mind who you are purchasing for.

Comment

Rude

simple -very rude of her to do that.

Comment

Considering the fact that I ususally buy people things I like and hope they do too, I would graciously take it back and ENJOY! Better to know right off that bat than have it regifted or in her next garage sale.
                              Just don't make the same mistake again. Cross her off your list!

Comment

Working...
                              X