"Excellent" Rachael Tip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Excellent" Rachael Tip

She had a viewer on today's show using a paper shredder to make perfect tortilla strips for tortilla soup or taco salad garnish. She just put the top part of the shredder over a bowl and slipped a tortilla right through it. What a great tip !!

eww eww just like eww...

cooties.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Ohhhhhhhh I'll hafta pass on this one.

Comment

Great tip...But I think I would have a seperate one for the kitchen!

Comment

Oh I'm sure it's a separate kitchen one. I would never use mine I use for paper. I still think it's a good tip.

Comment

but it's not designed for food. and a paper shredder seems to shread it too thin. or our shredder shreds thin... like this wide. --
            oh well, anything to get on tv lol
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I think for the tortilla strips it's a perfect size..Or won ton strips for chinese chicken salad.. I see endless possibilities now. Maybe becuz I've had 6 surgeries on my hands that I love these short cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana
                I think for the tortilla strips it's a perfect size..Or won ton strips for chinese chicken salad.. I see endless possibilities now. Maybe becuz I've had 6 surgeries on my hands that I love these short cuts.
                I think that's an excellent tip, expecially if you would use it alot. They are so cheap to buy nowadays you can justify one for the kitchen.
                Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away........

Comment

I saw this on another cooking show and thought it was a great idea !!!!!

Comment

I think I'd be afraid it would jam my machine. Has anyone tired it yet?

Comment

It takes what, a couple minutes to cut tortillas? How long would it take to wash & dry that? Then to find storage.

Comment

This was on Good Eats a long time ago. Alton Brown uses it for his Pasta cutting!

Pretty cool ideas though
                        Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy
                          This was on Good Eats a long time ago. Alton Brown uses it for his Pasta cutting!

Pretty cool ideas though

Yes, thank you Cindy
                          I knew I had seen it done before recently!!!

Comment

So how would you wash this? It seems like it would be more of a pain. I'm sure it can't go in the dishwasher, right?

Comment

You can't wash it, maybe shread some paper towels after you use it and put it in a ziplock. How long before the residue goes rancid?

Comment

Working...
                              X