Reading anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading anything?

Since we haven't had a thread on what we are reading lately, I thought I would start one.

I just finished reading Teacher Man by Frank McCourt. It was good but I have mixed feeling about it. Has anyone else read it? What are you reading now?

YEY!
    I randomly realized that I really enjoy Historical Ficton books (Girl with a Pearl earring(just made the movie) etc..)
    So I did some research on amazon and read reviews of reccommended books in that Genre.. and I just finished
    "The Other Boylen Girl" By Phillippa Gregory
    5-Star excellent read (very long but fast though)
    took me 4 days (evenings)

Next "Lady & the Unicorn" by Tracey Chevlier
    (about the famous Unicorn tapestries)
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

The Davinci Code....I borrowed it from my mom, I didn't think I'd like it but surprisingly I do so far.
      Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Comment

I have The Davinci Code waiting for me. I also have a couple of 'no brainer' romance novels waiting. We're going on holiday next week. I'm planning on taking them all with me. I have actually stopped reading for the last couple of months because I had so much to get done around the house. Yes, I am the type of person who gets totatly involved in a book and ingores everything else. My other downfalls are crossword puzzles and online scrabble.
        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

I read the DaVinci Code awhile back and I was also surprised that I would like it as much as I did. I saw the movie, too, and it was really close to the book.

Ginger - I like to do crossword puzzles and I especially like those Variety Puzzle Magazines.

I wanted to read Teacher Man because I read Angela's Ashes several years ago and it was excellent. Teacher man was good, like I said, but different and not what I expected.

Comment

Reading The Kite Runner .... really enjoying it.

Comment

Just finished "The Innocent" by Harlen Cobin (spelling?).. Not a bad read if you like who done it mystery stuff.
              "Manhunt" was a great book.. story about the search for John Wilkes Booth. Lots of history and the author has really done his homework (acutally lives, eats and breathes Lincoln).
              Tessa

Comment

Wish I had time to read but with a 7 year old and 2 year old they hinder that a bit, but there is an exception...I read a lot of Dr. Seuss and kids books to my girls. They love it!

I do read magazines when I have a minute.

Comment

Okay, I am an avid reader so here are the books I've finished in the last couple of months:

Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark
                  The 5th Horseman by James Patterson
                  Cell by Stephen King
                  Gone by Jonathan Kellerman
                  Memory in Death by J.D. Robb
                  The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry **
                  Dirty Blond by Lisa Scottoline
                  Sea Change by Robert Parker
                  Mary, Mary by James Patterson**
                  Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child**

**My favorites

Comment

I read alot of Christian fiction romance books I especially love Beverly Lewis, Lori Copeland, Lori Wick, to name a few.
                    I just finished The Englisher by Beverly Lewis .
                    I organize chores into catagories.
                    Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

I've recently been reading mystery series involving cooking in some way. Jerrilyn Farmer right now and just finished a series by Joanne Fluke. Got some good recipes from the Fluke series.

Comment

I'm a books on CD freak. Right now I'm listening to The Mermaid's Chair by the girl who wrote The Secret Life of Bees... I'm not liking it as much as I did Bees.
                        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Chefkel: I loved Girl With Pearl Earring. I found it intriguing.

I just went to the library now that I have the summer off:

Mary, Mary by J. Patterson
                          My first Stephie Plum book, One for the Money, by J Evanovich
                          Killer Pancakes (the food mystery book series) by Diane Mott Davidson
                          and of course a couple of cookbooks to check out!

I really liked Angela's Ashes, but have not read Teacher Man either
                          A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

I Love To Read, But Like Others I Don't Really Have The Time. So My Solution To To Do Books On Tape/cd. That Why I Can Do Other Things And Still Be Reading A Book. I Am Doing A John Grisham Book Right Now--can't Remember Which On.
                            SHEL

Comment

Working...
                            X