storage containers with hinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storage containers with hinge

I have been looking for the storage containers with the hinged lid that I saw on food network. They usually have flour or sugar in them and are large. Would anyone know where I might order this online since I havent found it elsewhere? I can find canisters like this but they are not large enough. Sorry, I know this is not a recipe request but didnt know where else to post this. Thanks!

Don't know if these are what you saw on food network, but they have a hinged lid.

http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-5-Piece-Baking-Ingredient-Storage/dp/B0000YQNXO
    I organize chores into catagories.
    Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

these are large containers, not really sure how large, maybe they would hold 5-10 pounds of flour or sugar? I can't tell if they are glass or plastic but either would be ok for me. They have hinged lids like canning jars. Thanks for trying though, very much appreciated!

Comment

kayce, those are cool. I like them.

trish, I am confused by what you are asking for. Canning jars are usually screw tops not hinged. I don't think I have ever seen a hinged canning jar (unless you are talking about antique ones with the metal and the rubber ring.)
        A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

yes, the antique ones I suppose. These have a hinge on one side and then on the other side it has a lock or fastener. I have a set of canisters that has the same top design but the one I want is more for storage, so its much larger. You will probably notice it now that I mentioned it if you watch food network. I have seen these on two different shows...... I think it was Paula and I cant remember the other show. Thanks a bunch!

Comment

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?prod_id=100483869&cm_mmc=CJ-_-shopping_com-_-D29X-_-100483869&[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccddaddjlejfieicgelceffdfgidgim.0&aid=10368321&pid=1319015&cj=1&cpncode=11-21374798-2&srccode=cii_13736960

just like these but...larger and clear

Comment

ok, I found it, thank you
              http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1355269

Comment

I would like something like that to hold my flour, too, so I could measure right out of the container.

Comment

check out lehmans.com they have a ton of old fashoined things and canning equipment. I actually drive to the store about 2 times a year. They have the cheapest pottery, unfortunatly they dont have all of their pottery online, but they have some really good stuff there.

Comment

Trish I found one on wheels that will hold 10 or 15 gallons (or dry) of product. It is a petfood website but you could use it for flour etc.

http://www.pets-buynow.com/Pet_Furniture-Food_Storage.html

Comment

I love containers. If I see them at a store I love to look at them. Don't know why or what I could use some of the for but they are fun to look at.

Those clear ones with the hinged lids are really nice looking ones.

Comment

I know you found them, but I would also try the container store.

Comment

My MIL has the old storage containers with hinges,I love them ,she has the glass ones and she told me once that she got one from a man who run a store near her home when she was young.

Comment

I use the glass storage jars with the wire hinges and rubber gaskets...I bought some of them at Ikea, and some from a Dollar store, but I'm sure you can find them at any good store that carries kitchenware in your area.

Comment

Working...
                            X