New Bra Question For The Ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bra Question For The Ladies

Remember awhile back I posted on the old board about trying some new bras and you all gave me some great suggestions. I decided to try a Playtex Secrets 18-Hour with Gel Straps.

I LOVE it and want to thank the one who suggested this brand. Now for the question because I tossed the tags but how do you wash and care for the gel straps? I know this one will never go in the dryer because I paid a small fortune for it - LOL.

Just hand wash and hang over a plastic hanger to dry?

I am sorry I cannot help you on that one. I hate buying bras...they are so expensive. Be careful with yours!

Comment

Yes, they are very expensive if you buy a nice one. I've been buying el cheapos for so long and really wanted something nice for support. I am so glad I got the one I did. It made me sit up straighter too - LOL, that's a good thing

Comment

I don't put any of mine in the dryer. Can you look online for care instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by fatkat
          Yes, they are very expensive if you buy a nice one. I've been buying el cheapos for so long and really wanted something nice for support. I am so glad I got the one I did. It made me sit up straighter too - LOL, that's a good thing
          Maybe I should give it a try!!! That is a good thing!

Good idea Bean.

Comment

I never put mine in the dryer. have quite afew but seems like 2 I always wear, my favorites!! lol

Comment

If you can't find online instructions and you have a comfortable backup for a few days till you get to the mall, maybe you could look for directions on the same type in the store. You won't have to buy a new one, just read the tags in the store and come home wiser! Your 'girls' will be thrilled that you've taken such good care of their home!!!!

Comment

I hate bra shopping. Hate it. Hate new bras. I just cannot find a comfortable one that doesn't make me twitch all day.
                "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

I hate bras too. It seems the good ones always itch, or those dang hooks in the back pick. I just ordered another new one, one that chains up in the front.

Comment

I have only gel strap bras, and I put them in the dryer with no problem.

Comment

Sorry i can't halp ya either, took mine off 25 year's ago, and haven't had a headache since

Comment

Anything made with lycra should never go in the dryer. The heat shortens the life of the material. Bras should be fastened and put into a delicates bag, washed with mild soap and hung to dry. Also, according to experts, to prolong the life of your bra, never wear it more than 2 days in a row. That doesn't mean you have to wash it after two wearings, but the elastic in the material needs time to 'remember' its origional shape.
                        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Thanks everyone........I will never dry this one in the dryer. I learned my lesson awhile back with a bra I just bought (Hanes) that about discentigrated after the first wash and dry.

I wish I could find one like this Playtex Secrets with the hook in the front. Those are my favorite but I wonder if the girls get the full support with front closure bras vs back closure?

Comment

Working...
                          X