Swollen ankles,feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen ankles,feet?

Last night my feet were so swollen I couldnt do anything but sit with them propped up, again today theyre the same way. called dr. left message for nurse ....what to do maeanwhile, any helpful hints, besides prpping them up?

have some asparagus, works well. also, squeeze some lemon in water. doesnt take a lot. freshens the water and is a natural diaretic, chop
    http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

Thanks chop will have the lemon water soon.

Comment

I am so sorry you are retaining water ~ I know for me it was fibromyalgia. I ate celery as it is a diuretic and also was told to drink lots of water and NO SALT/SODIUM.

Hope you feel better soon as that is a terrible feeling.

Comment

Thanks Fatkat...this has come on so sudden it is crazy. I am having test done so maybe next week I will know more....sure hope so, hate this!!!

Comment

I hope you are feeling better wishingstar. I agree with the water and no salt etc.

Comment

Thanks shadow ...I messed up and out of habit put a little S+P on my lunch. having lemon water now...my legs are really uncomfortable feeling.

Comment

YW...just keep them propped, lots of lemon water and I really hope the swelling goes down for you. Keep us posted.

Comment

I had to get a special pair of stocking's, the kind that nurse's wear, (they being on there feet for long hour's). they helped me

Comment

something must be in the air my hips and knee's are killing me...hope your feeling better now
                    Last edited by doro; 06-02-2006, 11:17 AM. Reason: forgot something
                    I'm Not Bossy, I just have better ideas

Comment

before my doc perscribed me one I took an OTC diuretic (sp) from WalMart that helped alot. Mine would swell horribably, and with me, the more I walked the less they would swell, but I'm sure thats not the way it is with everyone. Good luck Star, hope the doc takes care of you soon.
                      Those that do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either. ~Golda Meir~

Comment

I hope that you feel better soon. I gave up diet sodas and while I still have some swelling it is much better that when I would drink the sodas. I also cut out much of the salt in my diet.

My Son's neighbor is a physical therapist and once when my legs and feet were badly swollen he suggested that I put my feet in a large container of ice and water. I couldn't bring myself to do that but he swore that the swelling would leave my feet.

Comment

Theyre still swollen and it is hard to sit and prop them!!!!

Dr.'s nurse called ...no salt, plenty of water and yep! keep them propped up
                          I go tues. geesh ...hope they go down by then!

Thanks for all the ideas ...I have a list made out on my kitchen table.

Comment

Hate to say it Wishing, but one of the other things that makes your feet and ankles swell is from sitting in one place for long periods at a time (like at your computer) Just like when you are on an airplane for any length of time as well. If you get up and walk around every so often it will really help too. I have had probblems with mine since getting the new knees and it usually always occurs from sitting on one place for too long.

Comment

Apanda, you are so rite about the sitting for too long, that is exactly how I noticed they were swollen! I keep getting up and also found a way to prop them while sitting at puter ...but need the swelling to just go away so am doing more walking.

Also I am relating this to not having A/c and it was almost 90 degrees inside and made me ill for 3 days back to back, the heat can be brutal when your not used to it...WOW! plus the lack of movement etc ...I guess

I seen your list and going to have cottage cheese for lunch, glad to know about it and the others thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X