Diet Pills...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Pills...

Does anyone use them? And if so, which one works best for you?

My friend Heather used Trim Spa when she was like 270 lbs, and she lost 40 lbs in one month. I tried them for two weeks, and lost 2 lbs, said eff it. I have tried metabolife didn't work for me either. I tried WW didn't work either, but my manager has lost 30 lbs in 2 months. The only thing that I have ever tried that worked was Atkins diet. I lost 8 lbs in one week........ the only problem with that is that I couldn't do any longer than one week.

But back to your question I personally have never found a pill that worked.
    I'm out of bed, and dressed what more do you want?

Comment

My daughter & hubby have started on Hoodia, bought at GNC. Daughter is diabetic, and she told me today she had to force herself to eat yesterday & today. Knew she had to eat something, but wasn't hungry at all. She's tried others, but nothing worked. Hubby hasn't been as hungry as before, but can't eat regular meals when he's working, so it's a little harder for him. Make sure you get a brand that has a certificate of authenticity with it. Not all do. Runs around $37.00 for a month's supply. Do NOT buy online, since you may get something containing everything from sand to herbs, etc.

Comment

I keep seeing the patches advertised and was wondering if they work...Anyone know?

Comment

The gals at work are always trying some sort of new pill or program. Theyve done it all...Trimspa,patches, Nutrisystem,Hoodia, etc. The latest fad they were doing was called PhysEdge. They spent over $100 each to get started, and I'll have to admit, they were looking good and feeling good when they started out. But they all give up on anything eventually and gain the weight right back. May as well have thrown their money right down the crapper. The only ones who are getting the weight off and KEEPING it off are those who are making healthier lifestyle changes without pills or gimmicks.

Comment

I am slowly losing weight right now by good old fashioned exercise and cutting way back on bread, rice, pasta and junk. My fridge is full of good fresh lean protein, fruits and salad fixins.

I once had a doc put me on Xenical. Personally, I would NEVER RECOMMEND this pill. This is the pill that eliminates excess fat that you have eaten with your meal and it is just gross when you go to the bathroom. Also, my skin, nails and hair were brittle because I was not absorbing enough fats in my diet.

Also, I think this drug blocks Vitamin K or something like that and causes other issues.

Good luck on finding what works for you

Comment

I have to agree with cottun. I think I've been on every diet imaginable, including Metabolife, Dexatrim, Slim Fast...you name it, and some worked for awhile, but eventually, I always fell back into old eating habits.

Just changing to a healthier way of eating and getting in some exercise is the best solution in the long run!

When the girls were swapping the recipes, I even saw the Old Cabbage Soup diet....yeah, I remember that one, too....that was pretty good, but after a couple of days......thought I'd gag over the thought of another bowl of that soup. LOL

Comment

Fatkat, I had a friend who used that stuff.....she had to throw away many pairs of panties.

Comment

EWWWWW, that is the gawd-awful truth too

Originally posted by luv2bake
                  Fatkat, I had a friend who used that stuff.....she had to throw away many pairs of panties.

Comment

I am also losing weight the old fashioned way. It is a total lifestyle change, but it is worth it. When I needed to lose about 20 pounds about 10 years ago I went to a diet center and asked for Phen Phen becuse it was the "NEW" miracle drug. Thank god the Dr. told me that I didn't need it, because it turned out to be a horrible pill and cost many women their health and even their life. Since then I swore I would never use a pill to try to take weight off. It just is not worth it to me. Just be careful with any diet pill.
                    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

I was on phen-phen and thought it was wonderful! I would go on it again. Lost 50 pounds and felt wonderful. Of course I did exactly what the Dr. told me to do. And was only on it for three months then off it for 9 month. Back on it for another 3 months. It was the only diet pill that ever worked for me.

Now I'm trying to do it the hard way too. Some weeks are good others are not.
                      "There's no place like home..."

Comment

Diet pills

Doctor prescribed Meridia for me. Didn't do a darn thing except make me shakey. Tried all the other stuff, too. Again, just made me shakey. I just need to eat healthier and get some exercise.

Comment

Release from GNC was great. I used it to lose that last 15 pounds that I kept wait for to go away on its own after baby #4. I did that 2 years ago and have put back on about 9lbs and am going to try it again soon I think. I must say it was painless. Michelle

Comment

Try drinking 2 TBSP brown vinegar 3 times a day. You can mix it with apple juice or a glass of water. I need to start bacj doing that myself but it does help to lose weight.

Comment

What the hell is "brown vinegar"?

Comment

Working...
                              X