I'm Grilling Tonight - Have a Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Stephanie, this recipe called for canned clams and not the sausage. I ended up putting them in the oven afterall - LOL. No room on the grill for steaks, corn and shrooms.

Oh these have to be the best stuffed shrooms too! From copykat.com home page:

Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms

Ease of Cooking: Easy
    Serving Size: 4-6

Notes:
    You can make these at home for much less than at the restauarnt.

Ingredients:
    8 - 12 Fresh Mushrooms
    1 (6 oz.) Can Clams (drained and finely minced) (save 1/4 cup of clam juice for stuffing)
    1 Green Onions (chopped finely, about 1 Tbs)
    1 Egg (beaten)
    1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
    1/8 tsp. Garlic Salt
    1/2 C. Italian Style Bread Crumbs
    1tsp. Oregano Leaves
    1 Tbsp. Melted Butter (cool)
    2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1 Tbsp. Finely Grated Romano Cheese
    2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Mozzarella Cheese ( for stuffing )
    1/4 C. Finely Grated Mozzarella Cheese (for garnish)
    1/4 C. Melted Butter

Preparation:
    Wash and remove stems from mushrooms, pat dry. Save stems for another recipe. In mixing bowl place clams, onions, garlic salt, minced garlic, butter and oregano. Mix through and blend well. Add Italian bread crumbs, egg, clam juice and blend. Stir cheeses in clam stuffing and mix well.
    Place clam mixture inside mushroom cavity and slightly mound clam mixture. You should be able to stuff between 8 - 12 mushrooms depending on the size of mushrooms.
    Place mushrooms in slightly oiled baking dish. Pour butter over mushrooms. Cover and place in a preheated oven at 350 decrease for about 35 - 40 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle freshly grated mozzarella cheese on top and pop back in oven just so the cheese melts slightly, garnish with freshly diced parsley.

Leave a comment:

• StephanieM
    replied
    I think as long as you make sure the sausage is cooked well, I think you will be fine.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sue, I do have a couple of those pans, hmmmmm that may work.

Leave a comment:

• WisSue
    replied
    Couldn't you put the mushrooms in one of those disposable foil baking pans and put the pan on the grill? When the lid is closed, you basically have an oven -- especially if you put the pan off to the side a bit and not directly over the hottest part of the fire.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I'm Grilling Tonight - Have a Question

I'm Grilling Tonight - Have a Question

I'm grilling steaks and corn but want to make the Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms and was wondering if I could do them on there as well? Suggestions if so?

I've made these 100's of times but in the oven and never on the grill. The recipe is on the main page of Copykat.com

Thanks ~ will need the answer before 7
Working...
X