Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any experience with Job Corps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience with Job Corps?

I've heard some bad things about these places.. anyone have any first or second hand experience with them...

It's a Gov't sponsored program to help train people to go into the work force...

Thanks

~Jenn

I've never had luck with my juvenile probation kids going there. Never works, they never finish the program. But, I don't know how it is with regular kids not involved with the juvenile justice system. All I know is that our kids see it as an escape from home. We haven't seen kids use this program in a long long time.

Comment

I thought it might be for kids on the rougher side of the tracks... we have this place here called raman hall, for juvinile delinquints and a lot of them have been through the program. Lot of messed up kids or ones on drugs... anyway I don't think it's a place for her son who was raised in a loving middle upperclass family. He's not passing the military entrance tests and the white trash step mom is trying to steer him into job corps.. but I don't know much about it and was researching it. Thanks in advance for any info

~Jenn

Comment

Job Corps will teach him plenty...how to be a slug and a low life. He'll get that from the other kids.

Comment

I don't think I have heard of the Job Corps before.

Comment

Working...
          X