Proper Attire for Graduation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Attire for Graduation

What do you consider the appropriate dress for attending a high school graduation? Especially for men.

I would say simi casual.. If it's outside and hot like here, nice shorts and shirt for men, nice cool sundress for women. Graduation it's really a formal affair like years and years ago when I graduated..

Comment

I would say a nice pair of dockers, and a buttoned down shirt. When me and my SO go out where he doesn't have to dress formal he wears tan slacks with a buttoned down shirt, and brown casual wear shoes.

Comment

For my son's I wore a shear print skirt in turquois, gold and white with a matching solid turquois sleeveless blouse and heeled slip on sandals..........hubby wore a pair of dress casual khakis with a red short sleeved dress shirt, black belt and shoes.

Some people were dressed to the nines while others wore jeans, western shirts, boots and cowboys hats.

His graduation was in Colorado. I think there were more dressed up than not.

Comment

It was hotter than hell last year when we attended our DD's graduation! Wished we would've dressed down. I wore a calf link skirt and tee shirt, DH wore khaki pants and a cotton shirt. We were dressed up compared to others!

Comment

We like to dress for events...............that just means nice clothes, like dockers, my work clothes, nice shirt, polo shirt and shoes other than flipflops or sandles that look like the beach is next.

I think it is nice to make it a special event.....that means special clothes to us. NOT what you see at home everyday or at Walmart shopping..........
            Last edited by MissKise; 06-02-2006, 08:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I see people in their jammies at our WalMart all the time.

Comment

up here we wear jeans to just about everything even funnerals,,,,,i think if someone knew me and passed away and i came in a dress they would start laughing right then and there...
                I'm Not Bossy, I just have better ideas

Comment

If someone passed away and saw me at their wake, in jeans, they would start laughing.

Weddings, funerals, graduations, showers, parties by invitation, are usually dressy, unless otherwise suggested. I don't know anyone who would wear jeans to a funeral home.

Comment

Anything goes for any function here...but then, life here is really laid back.

Comment

I too would say khakis.. they are dressy yet casual and comfy.
                      ~ The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must
                      be felt with the heart ~ Helen Keller ~

Comment

Working...
                      X