Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper attire for Sunday Afternoon wedding....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper attire for Sunday Afternoon wedding....

I have to go to a wedding next Sunday afternoon at a Wedding Chapel. Then on to a Country Club for a Luncheon. The couple have been together for awhile and have a 4 yr old daughter. I'm thinking of going kinda dressy casual, but am still thinking about what we should give for a gift. I actually went to the country clubs site and found out the prices of meals and the rental fees. Oh Lordy I'm bad!

If they have been together that long they probably don't need anything for the house. I would probably give money and let them use it on whatever they want.

You are not bad just curious. LOL

Comment

I would wear a nice flowing dress with soft print or soft solid color and strappy sandals and maybe bring a light sweater. As for a gift, I either give $$ or try to include the children in with the gift as a "family" gift.

Comment

Last weekend I went to an afternoon wedding. I dressed formal but I was kind of over dressed. I noticed alot of others in skirts and nice silk dress shirts. My feet were killing me because I wore dress heels while others were in a nice sandal shoe. In my opinion, a skirt with a nice top and some flat shoes. I dressed up because I knew the place, and I knew the couple was paying over a 100.00$ a plate. My mistake, because everyone was casaully dressed. I was on the grooms side and we were all over dressed and sweating. My suggestion would be if you were going out where it was casual but yet not formal. I wish I could post pictures. I was more dressed than the brides maids. The brides had no dress code. I give her lots of credit. Whatever you have on your closet. She married my best friends brother who is a cop. Her family as I woud say is well to do but yet her side looked under dressed. The grooms family dressed up because we know the catering hall but ended up overdressed.

Comment

Are they registered anywhere? I would wear a summer dress with dressy sandals. I would imaging that they have pretty much everything they need. That's a hard one.

Comment

Summery dress, sandles and an updo for my hair.....something to stay cool in.

At this point I would probably give them money...or something with a personal note (names engraved, shingle for the house, blanket with names and date, large bath towels with initials)

Comment

Better to be slightly over dressed than under dressed. You can't go wrong with dressy-casual. I usually base my dress on where the event is taking place.

In this case, money may be the best gift choice.

Have fun! Colleen

Comment

Okay this is what I came with... lightweight teal pants with a teal sleeveless tee shirt with little crystal beads on a round collar, teal sandles and a white linen appliqued shirt with an eton (like Nehru) collar. DH is just going to wear a white shirt and a great teal striped tie I found today and beige pants. We'll probably still be overdressed!

Comment

sounds totally perfect and beautiful / handsome

Comment

Your attire sounds just right. I think you will both look quite appropriate.
                    "If you're given a choice between money and sex appeal, take the money. As you get older, the money will become your sex appeal."~Katharine Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                    X