Fatkat, a garden question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatkat, a garden question....

I seem to remember you have a Columbine in your garden. I have a question.

I planted two this year, and the one remaining one (the neighbor's dog ran off with one) is blooming for the second time. Now when I bought it, it was blooming and it had rather nice sized blooms on it, but now this second time the blooms are less than half the size (almost 1/4 of the size) they were before. Is this normal for them being new? The plant itself seems to be doing real well and is nice and green.

I don't know anything about them really. I haven't done much to them, and we've had lots of rain lately, so I know they're not water deprived. Should I maybe give them a little bit of Miracle Grow?
    Thanks! I know you've been real busy with copying the recipes from before and don't want to bother you too much.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

They prefer shade so if it is in blasting sun day in and day out, that may be the problem. If memory serves me, you have the Canadian one that is yellow and red? I have the same one but it is purple and yellow and I noticed my blooms are smaller also. Maybe these plants prefer the cooler Canadian weather?

Do you have a new pix of it?

Comment

It's in part shade. I have the red and white variety. I can try to get a new pic of it tomorrow, it's almost dark here now. I went back to the nursery and asked about the purple and yellow one and he just looked at me like you get what you get. lol. He likes to see me come into the parking lot because he knows he can talk me into buying one or two of something!
      A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

Comment

Working...
      X