Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1SaucyFlirt
    replied
    I was married for 15 1/2 years & now divorced for over 10 years. My ex has remarried, Im still single. I hate dating. Men my age don't want to date me, they want to date my daughter... It is so hard to find a nice, decent, normal man who wants a normal monogamous relationship.
    Would I ever get married again? Absolutely. I just can't find him.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    NEVER again, he would have his place I would have mine and never the two shall mix

Leave a comment:

• DebiGriff
    replied
    I was married for almost 19 years before first DH was murdered. I had always said I would never marry again, but 2 years later, found a wonderful man willing to accept me, as well as all my kids and we have been VERY happily married for 11 years now. Since I was lucky twice, I would never tempt fate and go for 3 if something tragic happened to DH2.

Leave a comment:

• gldnsmom
    replied
    I seriouslydoubt it. First husb was very immature - only married 1-1/2 yrs. 2nd husb is bipolar - and after dealing with that, I think i might just want to be by myself!!! "Celebrating" 10 yrs this month.............although, I can't say this has been the best 10 yrs of my life.

Leave a comment:

• Callie
    replied
    I have been with my DH since I was 18, married at 19. I can't imagine myself with someone else after 23 years. I basically "grew up" with him. I get teary-eyed just imagining a life without him. I know it will happen eventually - he is almost 9 years older than me and not in good health.

Leave a comment:

• Boadecia
    replied
    Tearose, I feel the same way - if I ever get out of this one I'm thru with the married deal - I will however shack up if I feel like it - I want to be able to just walk away if and when I feel like it and I really feel like it now with this marriage...but we've been married for 29 yrs. and that is a long time - I love my DH but I don't think I'm in love anymore....and I have a terrific DH but he can put a guilt trip on me big time - tells me all the time, You are my world!! Well at my age, I don't wanna be anybody's world thank you - just wanna be me and responsible for me!!

Leave a comment:

• doro
    replied
    no i would not remarry again ,,i have been with my hubby for almost 26 years...if some thing happened to him i would not remarry but i would shack up....LOL,,yes he knows that to...

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    replied
    As I come up to almost 25 years of 'mostly' happily married bliss ~ I think that I would be quite content to not marry again,,,,I could see myself living on my own. But,,,,who knows???? And I do plan on staying married for a very long time yet

Leave a comment:

• bennet
    replied
    What a great way to put it MsNette.

Leave a comment:

• MsNette
    replied
    I"m on marriage number 2 ( its going very well ) was married at 18 for 11 years.. no children from the first marriage..thank goodness. And I am the odd one here as I'd say yes to marrying again even for a 3rd time. Now I pray that won't happen but I'm a big romantic I guess.

You would of thought the first cheating husband would of made me so bitter that I wouldn't trust another man again but I realise each man at least deserves his chance to screw up! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Sabine
    replied
    "What's wrong with having a little bit of fun without the total commitment??"
    Absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    34 years with the same man makes it hard to think of sharing my life with another.

BUT my mother was widowed at 49 years of age. All her kids were grown (I was the youngest and was just out of high school). I saw how lonely she has been for the last 37 years. She refused to even have an evening out with a man (lord knows why--personally I think she was too worried that a relative or acquaintance would see them)

I believe that if my Dh passed on, he would not want me to be as lonely as my mom is. I think I would look for at least a relationship. These days, who needs to get married?? In fact, doesn't social security/ old age pension decrease if you are married?

What's wrong with having a little bit of fun without the total commitment??

Leave a comment:

• north
    replied
    I don't think I would ever get married again. Love my husband dearly and we have a good life but can't imagine living it with somebody else.

Leave a comment:

• californiahappy
    replied
    I am verrrrryyyy careful to not say the word NEVER. Let me put it this way...I would have no intentions of getting married again. I would not be out on the prowl "looking" for a man, a spouse, a husband ect.. Finding a husband would not be on my agenda. I love my husband and the institution of marraige is wonderful....but I am not at all interested or in need of doing marriage again! Once is enough!

Leave a comment:

• luv2bake
    replied
    I started dating my dh when I was 15, and have been married 38 years. If something happened to him, I would never marry again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X