Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone besides me hang out their laundry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    hunebe
    CopyKat Chatter

• hunebe
    replied
    I hung out my clothes and have had a number of different types of lines throughout they years. I regret that now that I am in an apartment, those days are over. My 2 favorite laundry lines? 1. The one on the pully system. The clothes went up high and flapped in the wind. I stood in one place and hung. 2. the one that collapsed like an umbrella. Lots of hanging space, took up very little space.

Leave a comment:

• moodymom

• moodymom
    replied
    I love to hang out my clothes to dry. I use the dryer for my towels as I find they stiffen up and are rough. I like the softness of towels in the dryer. I love my clothes dried outside in the sunshine and they smell great. I dry outside usually from April until October.

Leave a comment:

• MudderBear
    Master Chef

• MudderBear
    replied
    I am fanatical about hanging laundry out to dry! I get teased about it by hubby (don't know why, the clothes have to dry anyway) My fav is to use Downy in the rinse.

Leave a comment:

• SmallTownGirl
    Guest replied
    No way! I'm usually way to busy to hang clothes. I have the dryer going early in the morning and late at night. Thank goodness I don't have to rely on hanging clothes out in order to have clean clothes. We'd be in real trouble.

I do love the way sheets smell when they dry on the line, but I just don't make the effort to hang them.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMo
    replied
    I wish I could. Clotheslines are no no's in my neighborhood.

Leave a comment:

• Maddison

• Maddison
    replied
    No, never even considered it. Mostly because we live in a a small yard with neighbors really close. Secondly, wayyyyyyy too much trouble to trek the clothes out of the washer, in basket, upstairs, outside, clip on line, unclip, fold, put away.

Leave a comment:

• luvs2eat
    Grand Master Chef

• luvs2eat
    replied
    I love to hang out clothes... I always hang out towels... love to hang out T-shirts, etc.

We LOVE crunchy towels!! Really !!

Leave a comment:

• justmesk

• justmesk
    replied
    I love to hang out my bedding ..pillows, comforter.....then when I go to bed it is so fresh and I sleep so well.....I don't hang out any thing else.....would take me too long to get laundry done

Leave a comment:

• CalicoSkiesNC

• CalicoSkiesNC
    replied
    I grew up with laundry hung outside year round. Not a chore I enjoyed doing. I do not do this myself since I left home. Takes way too much time and I don't like stiff clothes or clothes with bugs in them. I also live in a neighborhood that doesnt allow clotheslines, its in the bylaws. Love my dryer!

Leave a comment:

• pweed
    replied
    I hang clothes out all winter in Florida, we winter there and only have a solar dryer....But I love coming home to my dryer in Michigan!

Leave a comment:

• livetobake
    Master Chef

• livetobake
    replied
    I am surprised at how many do hang out or would like to. Not many that I know hang out. Most people just use their dryer.

Leave a comment:

• north
    replied
    I have a line in my basement and I hang the clothes on it in the wintertime and hang them outside the rest of the year.

Leave a comment:

• fatkat
    Guest replied
    The Amish around here hand them out year round ~ even in the dead of winter and I do not know how they dry??

Leave a comment:

• EMail Queen

• EMail Queen
    replied
    We use the dryer, coz we don't have an outside line, but in a S/D I wouldn't anyway.
    But I do have fond memories of the smell of sheets that had hung on the line.................

Leave a comment:

• luv2bake

• luv2bake
    replied
    I don't have a clothes line, but there's nothing like sleeping on sheets dried on the line. I like crispy sheets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X