Your thoughts on this ...comments please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts on this ...comments please

I just went in for pre-op test at the hospital ....the very first question asked was if I had had a hysterectomy .....no! I told her that I was in there for a fallopian tube removal!!!! everything was almost hunky dory until that question, why would I be asked this ....after all if I had a hysterectomy I would have no fallopian tubes to be removed, what do you think?

I'm betting it's just a standard question. The very first question they asked me when my heart failed was "Do you have a living will?" That one made me nervous...
    Those that do not know how to weep with their whole heart don't know how to laugh either. ~Golda Meir~

Comment

Wow! these questions just make me nervous ...cant make any sense out of some!!

Comment

If I get asked that question at the docs today I will walk right out!! That is what I am seeing him for - LOLOL.

Comment

I'm guessing a standard question? I don't know much about fallopian tubes and if they are removed during a hysterectomy.
          I swear, though, dealing with some doctors is so aggravating.

Comment

I don't have a clue if fallopian tubes are removed when you have a hysterectomy. I would think so, but I know some women chose not to have their ovaries removed when they have a hysterectomy. If you keep your ovaries you don't go through surgical menopause. A friend of mine chose to keep one ovary for that reason.
            I agree that was a standard question that they have to fill in, I bet the nurse didn't give it a second thought and might not have known what you are coming in for. She was just doing the routine standard pre-op questionaire stuff that everybody has to fill out. I wouldn't worry about it.
            Now if your surgeon doesn't know what you are in for, then you need to worry....

Comment

Sometimes there are sometimes not....Got rid of all my equipment...Like I need it now anyway LOL...4 kids are enough...grandchildren well that's a different matter!

Comment

Some questions are just standard and they irk me too...like when I went to the doctor about my knee yesterday and they asked me when the first day of my last period was. I know its just routine to ask, but it still irks me!

Comment

All doctors offices seem to irk me, one way or the other. I am not a fan.

Cottun, funny about that thing with the 1st day of last period. Once I said
                  "I honestly don't know." And the snippy nurse said "You have to know. It's on my form to be filled out, so you have to know." And I said "Well, too bad for the form, because I don't, so I guess you'll just have to leave it blank!" And she stood there with mouth gaping open that she couldn't believe I snipped right back at her the way she snipped at me!
                  Jerk.

Comment

I have to admit, that question would've made me nervous also if I was there for a pre-op.
                    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

Comment

EVERY time I go for a mammogram, they ask the same question--when was your last period! I just tell her I don't know, she should just look on the form she filled out last year, because it hasn't changed!

Comment

My guess is that is a standard / routine Gyne question.

When a hysterectomy is done, the ovaries are left behind to help regulate the hormones levels through out your life and you will go through menopause "naturally".

No clue about the tubes though.

Have you ever donated blood? You would not believe the screening questions they ask you.

Comment

Working...
                        X