No announcement yet.

Arrgghh!! Head lice!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes, as I read this....my head is itching!
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine
      I had a case of scabies when I was working in the school system, didn't even know what scabies was, until I went to the doctor. We had some pretty dirty, smelly kids in our school, they were bused in from another part of town because our school serviced the deaf children and other handicaps for the district, large district. And I am sure that's were it came from. And I am not saying that someone who is deaf or handicapped is necessarily dirty , but some of those kids were.
      And so were some of the parents, sorry to say.

My student is EXTREMELY dirty. I can't stand it.
      DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Taught special education for 18 years. I have been counting my blessings this year. We haven't had ONE case of lice in the whole district this year. We only have 6 weeks to go-

I remember years when I was working closely with a child when I noticed their head was crawling...... usually as I am leaning over them.

Special Ed teachers should get combat pay! I remember one woman who asked if we could swap kids for the next couple of weeks, as she was afraid she would get head-butted weeks before her wedding (loose front teeth, black eye, bruises). It comes with the territory.

Comment

People that talk bad about teachers really don't understand what we all go through. It is a tough job. I don't think that people actually believe that until they try it.

Most people won't even babysit for 2 kids at a time. We babysit for 20 to 24 at a time all day long. We are supposed to make them WANT to learn and we are responsible whether they do or not. Plus we have to make sure they wipe their noses...teach them how to act in public because a lot of parents don't do that anymore, play nurse, and mommy. I love it, but I think most people think we have a very easy job.

Oh and my child with scabies is still out and I had 2 more absent today
          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Originally posted by luvkidrock
            People that talk bad about teachers really don't understand what we all go through. It is a tough job. I don't think that people actually believe that until they try it.

Most people won't even babysit for 2 kids at a time. We babysit for 20 to 24 at a time all day long. We are supposed to make them WANT to learn and we are responsible whether they do or not. Plus we have to make sure they wipe their noses...teach them how to act in public because a lot of parents don't do that anymore, play nurse, and mommy. I love it, but I think most people think we have a very easy job.

Oh and my child with scabies is still out and I had 2 more absent today
            and on top of ALL that , you have to deal with the parents and sometimes deal with your Principal or VP, who may not be supporting, no it's not easy.

Comment

some years I have good parents and some years I don't. This year I have had a couple that just drive me crazy. They are completely against anything that I do to try to help their children, but all they want to do is punish them for bad grades. I teach a group of children that are only a few IQ points away from our Special Education classes. These parents should not be punishing them when they are doing their best. So it puts me in a situation that I hate to send home any bad grades.

also have one parent that any time he hears of lice, he shaves his kids heads....sure hope that kid doesn't get the scabies, I guess the dad would have to cut off his arm ????
              DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Working...
              X