Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegetation killer for patio/sidewalk..what do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetation killer for patio/sidewalk..what do you use?

I don't remember what we used last year, but it didn't work very well. I'd love to find out what brand you use that has been a success.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Gina
    John 10:9
    www.opendoorchili.org

I use Roundup. Works great

Comment

Was it just plain Roundup vegetation killer or was it a super strength or called something different?

Comment

Just buy Roundup and mix according to instructions. Don't buy the one that says vine killer (or something like that)....you don't need anything like that for a patio.
        I've never used the premixed kind, so I cannot say how that is. I always use my spray pump.
        Also, it does take a little while to work, so don't expect weeds to be dead the next day.

Comment

ROUND UP HERE ALSO.

BUT.... I READ THE TITLE OF THE THREAD AS "VEGETARIAN KILLER" I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING AROUND KILLING VEGETARIANS!!! LOL
          ON YOUR PATIO AND YOU WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WE USED TO KILL OURS!! LOL
          Last edited by nuisance; 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM.

Comment

LOL...no, I wasn't planning on killing vegetarians...If so, I'd be killing myself! (I'm the only vegetarian in the family and I still fix meat for them, just don't eat it myself).

Thanks for your help...it sounds like Roundup is what I'll be buying!
            Gina
            John 10:9
            www.opendoorchili.org

Comment

pour boiling hot water on the weeds. works & is cheap. of course, use water you have washed clothes in or bath water.

Comment

I'm tired of using poison, so I bought a weed torch from lee valley and love it for the weeds inbetween the cement cracks. Here's the link:
                http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=2&p=47306&cat=2,2300,44822&ap=1
                Last edited by family of 5; 04-28-2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

a

Roundup here too!

Comment

We had a neighbor in Clearwater who swore by Vinegar for the weeds in the cracks in the driveway. We have always been happy with the results from Roundup.

Comment

Another Roundup user here.

Comment

Working...
                      X