Need gift ideas please.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need gift ideas please.........

my sister is getting remarried. Both she and her fiance have established households. I am trying to think of a gift to give them for their wedding. She is having just immediate family and she is not registering for anything. I want to get something special, not dishes, appliances, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas? Her wedding is June 14th. I would appreciate your comments.

How about a weekend at a Bed and Breakfast? Do they have children? Pitch in to babysit while they're gone. Do they travel alot by car? Maybe a GPS system? They're getting fairly cheap now. Target has one for $150.00.
    Those would be things I would want, especially since I'd have a household of stuff.

Comment

a basket of honeymoon entertainment devices?

Comment

A beautiful frame to hang their wedding picture in

Comment

Purchase a really beautiful picture frame for their wedding picture. Pay to have her bouquet placed in an air tight case for safe keeping. Take her to a day spa the day before her wedding. Start asking questions about something they both want but neither have, like for instance if they both love chinese food but neither have a wok or other chinese cooking gadgets then do that. I put together this gift for my niece for her shower but it would also work for their wedding gift. I went and got a nice picnic basket and in it put 2 long white candles with holders, stick matches to light them. I got a pretty table cloth to put on a table or floor or bed. I bought silk roses and a pretty vase for them. Then I went and found 2 of each (plate, bowl, glass, cup, small plate, and silverware) it doesn't have to be fancy just not from their own set. Then I went and purchased a hand held can opener, a serving spoon, napkins, wash cloth and towl. Then went through the store and found food that didn't take cooking. I bought a canned ham for meat, fancy rolls, small bottles of mayo, mustard. tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese. I pre-sliced everything and put in a cooler I also purchased. Then I got potato chips, fruit cups, water bottles, champaine, prepared salad, and so on. I had enough food for their first night either on their honeymoon or their first night home after the honeymoon and also breakfast the next day. To some it was cheesy but most thought it was very clever. I had cheese and crackers in there and cookies, and anything that didn't take cooking. My niece told me that was the most enjoyed meal they had because by the time the wedding was done and they went to their hotel before the honeymoon the next day. They were starving and tired and she remembered this basket and pulled it out and she said they had so much fun with it and enjoyed it. Also throw in the can of whip cream, pudding, or other things to play around with something for dessert and something for play...LOL. In fact she kept the basket and all the dishes and stuff in it (after washing them all) and every year on their anniversary the refill the basket and that is how they spend their anniversary night. Just a thought.

Debbie
          Never regret something because at one point it was exactly what you wanted!

Comment

s

What about one of those beautiful crocks that can be personalized with their name and wedding date. Or a address thingy.

Comment

Do they have their own home? I bought my cousin a beautiful personalized pewter door knocker for their anniversary. It is something they can take wherever they move.

Comment

my favorite wedding gift to give and get are x-mas ornaments. that way they think of you ever year when they are decorating their tree.
                SHEL

Comment

If They're Going On A Honeymoon/trip, I'd Give Them Like One Of Those Visa Gift Cards They Can Use On Food/fun/gas/etc.

Comment

I'm all for the special day at the spa for you and your sister. Says how much you care and love her and your sharing this special moment with her.
                    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

need gift ideas please

Great ideas, which I may steal, my brother in law is getting married in June, and I can use some help. I saw a personalized covered casserole dish somewhere that was nice, now if I could remember where.

Comment

Working...
                      X