Geico....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geico....

Does anyone have Geico and do you like it?? I have Farm Bureau and like it but I know I can find insurance cheaper but not sure it will pay as good?? Your thoughts??

I found Amica Insurance cheaper than Geico.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

My dd had Geico when she was in Alaska..it was the only reasonable one there. she has moved back to Texas and thinks that Geico is higher than most other ones. She had to claim on it one time and didn't like the experience.
      I have Farm Bureau too and one year we priced other policies and found that overall Farm Bureau was cheaper than most when you had both auto and homeowners.

Comment

Are you looking for cheap or good claim service? DH does ins. for over 30yrs and I will say never ever go to State Farm. It is the worse for claims. Ins. people know to stay away from them.

Comment

I had Geico for my motorcycle insurance. Since I never made a claim I really can't say how they are, but thy are easy to do business with.

Comment

s

Lol. I've had State Farm for 30 years and have always had excellent service, quick pay on claims and never a hassle. I've also found that I can't get insurance cheaper anywhere else. My best advice would be to find a reasonable company with a good reputation and stick with them for many, many years. I think that loyalty makes a difference when it comes to insurance issues.

Comment

Iam an insurance agent, Geico does suck for claim service, but most of the off brands do as well. It depends on where you live, but in Ohio they are definatly not the cheapest, they have to pay for all that advertising somehow.

Comment

We have had Farm Bureau for all the years my folks have had ins. I went with them, too. Never a pb with claims at all.
                A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Comment

I don't know about Geico claims now, but in 1998 when the F5 tornado hit the big church in B'ham AL. my DS was in that church and one of the 77 suvivors.
                  He had Geico ins and his truck was totaled, (They had to look for it ) while he and a few other guys were checking to see if anything was to be salvaged , he mentioned he had to locate a claims adjuster about his truck..turns out the guy he was helping was one. Payment was within a week. DS had better luck with them then Allstate.. Dh and I have Allstate and have had for 41 years.
                  I organize chores into catagories.
                  Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

We have Progessive and they have been great on claims. We ended up with hail damage and they had us take the cars in looked them over and took care of it.

Comment

I have had farm bureau for over 30 years and I've been very happy with the way they handle their claims, but I keep getting this geico thing with the cheaper rate and was just curious if I was over spending but I better stick with what I know..

Comment

Berry....you get what you pay for. I love that Farm Bureau has offices locally. It's just easier.

Comment

we have geico, and it is a better price then we were paying at aig. but then we have never had a claim so not sure how good that part is. and lets hope we dont have to find out either lol.
                          http://weatherpixie.com/index.php?&h...=AZ&place=KFFZ

i didnt loose it! ...........i sold it on ebay!

Comment

We also have Progressive. Have had it about 15 years. Absolutely wonderful service. DH was rear-ended on Christmas Eve several years ago right around midnight. Came home, called Progressive at midnight. Claims rep called us Christmas Day and set up various appointments to have car looked at. Other persons insurance paid, but on our end Progressive wouldn't have been more cooperative.

Comment

We have had Geico for over 8 years and we'll never go anywhere else. They were excellent when I had a claim a couple of years ago. They sent out an adjuster and I received a very good size check for my vehicle.
                              We've also had the clause where if your car breaks down, you can call Geico and they'll send out someone to help. I don't have that now(I didn't want to pay it),but it was an awesome thing to have.
                              They have nice customer service people too.
                              I say go for the switch..you'll need the extra money for gas anyhow!

Comment

Working...
                              X