Find Missing Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Missing Money

Saw this on the news this morning....ok so yeah I couldnt sleep all night and was awake to see the morning news...be quiet Nu!! It is a website you can put in the states you have lived in and it will tell you if you have money in that state. Like from old bank accounts, checks that were never cashed or you never cashed, old utilities deposits...ect. I have like $50 in California....woot. That will give me some gas in the van...or maybe buy a new microwave. haha

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Did it say how to go about checking if you do have money coming to you? Do you have the website address?

Thanks.
    "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Sorry forgot to give website

WWW.missingmoney.com

If nothing shows there you can click on a link to check by state.
      Lets find some money!!!

Huffle
      God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Why's Everyone Always Picking On Me???? You Think I Would Say Something "off The Wall" Or Something!!! Lol

Have Fun With Your $50!!!

Comment

I did that here in Canada and found money in an old account of my dad's. He'd been gone for over 10 years but since I had his old papers along with his power of attorney I was able to retrieve it.

Comment

You can go to the state contoller's office website. Go to unclaimed property. Online searching is easy. Two years ago I checked and found $250 for a friend's sister. She received the money right before Christmas. Presents were a little larger that year. When I started checking for money, even the neighbors had money they didn't know about. I never found any for myself, but I felt good finding it for people I knew.
            Last edited by detritus; 04-29-2008, 09:02 AM.
            Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

I went to missingmoney.com and found my sister, my deceased grandmother and my BIL! Gee, maybe I'll get a finders fee.

Comment

I just did this, found some money under my maiden name, but the amount and all other info was not disclosed. I had to type in my previous address, which I couldnt remember! That was almost 30 years ago and I couldnt remember anything but the street name! Anyway, I submitted an inquiry and now I guess I just wait to see what happens...

Comment

Geez, just my luck....nothing under my name
                  "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Originally posted by Ro-Ro
                    Geez, just my luck....nothing under my name
                    DITTO!! DID THE WHOLE FAMILY'S NAME, NADA!!

Comment

i did this about a year or so ago and got 75 bucks back, lol

Comment

Debbie, I think you should treat yourself to a really nice dinner when you get the money! Found money.....Should be enjoyed! Do something or buy something that you would not normally be able to justify buying... Mani-Pedi, something FUN just for you!!
                        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

WOW! Dan has 7 claims! All under $100, and all from a place he used to work at.........COOL....
                          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Huffle, thanks for telling us, I went threw so many people and only found out that one of my cousins has one under $100. It is fun to search people that you know, thanks again.

Comment

Huffle, thanks again for posting this. I got an email this morning that said that my claim is being processed and that it may take 8-10 weeks before I will hear anything else. But I'm excited to see how much it is and where the heck the money is coming from...its not like me to not know if I have money thats owed to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X