American Idol tonite 4-29-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol tonite 4-29-08

Must say I wasn't terribly impressed with anyone tonite. As MSN has pointed out, AI is not giving the contestants good song choices. I like Neil Diamond but most of his hits are before these guys were born. How can they give an outstanding performance like Simon wants when they don't have outstanding songs to work with?
    I think the girls will be next ones to go.

What do you think about tonite?

I think tonight was mediocre. No one stood out in particular however Syesha is starting to find her style I think. I just hope she stays in it tonight. I think it will probably be a guy going home. After tonights performance I think Syesha and David Cook will be in our top two this year.
    I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Comment

Jason and Brooke were lousy. I really want to hear STAR quality. None of them are giving it out tonight. I liked David Cook and Syesha the best.

Comment

American Idol tonite

Jason and Brooke should be on the bottom of the ladder tonight. You are right about Jason always smirking, think it is because of all the teeny bopper girls screaming for him, Brooke-what can I say, she is obviously talented, playing the piano and guitar, but she really does not seem to have a passion for the song she is singing. David C-I hope you get it and not David A. Seisha (sp) is good for an opera singer type, but could she sell songs????

Comment

We're hoping that Jason goes tonight ...

Comment

I hope Jason goes tonight too.. But wasn't that hilarious when Paula thought Jason sang 2 songs ?? I looked at the clock, then looked at my glass of wine, wondering how much I drank and how I missed Jason's 2nd song, knowing he only sang 1 !!

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana
              I hope Jason goes tonight too.. But wasn't that hilarious when Paula thought Jason sang 2 songs ?? I looked at the clock, then looked at my glass of wine, wondering how much I drank and how I missed Jason's 2nd song, knowing he only sang 1 !!
              ROFL I was in the process of finishing making dinner and I stepped over to watch TV and she said the 2nd song thing. I looked at the vodka (I was using it for the sauce) looked at the clock, wonder how much taste testing I had actually done, and thought "that's awful fast to get the 2nd song already"
              I don't like making plans for the day, because then the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in the courtroom.

Comment

methinks she may have embibed a bit before opening her mouth . It was funny.

Comment

I caught that blooper too. My thought was that the show wasn't really live & they messed up on the taping. Do you see Ryan look over to the side of the stage? Poor Paula, gets loopier every week.

Not surprised Brooke went but surprised she started sobbing. Unfortunately I think Syesha will be the next to go as the young female voters are hot for the guys. She has a much better voice & range than Jason.

Comment

Kris....I have heard Simon say before that because there is so much noise in the studio during taping, they really do most of their judging during a private dress rehearsal. I can't believe that Paula didn't say that when she made the mistake. It would have been better than "I thought you sang twice"

I thought it was funny when Brooke started to sing her going home song and messed up and started to start over but the music kept on going!!!!!! She is a basket case
                    DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

I felt bad for Brooke! I liked her...as a person...but as a singer she was not the best.

Hey, Hey, Paula....I wannnnaaaa sedate you.
                      Hey, Hey, Paula....

The judges sometimes mention "you know, when I heard you in reheasal..." or "That sounded much better earlier..." comments to that effect.
                      So it might be that they DO judge on the PRE-preformance...which wouldn't REALLY make it fair would it?

Comment

Working...
                      X