Calling all teachers I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all teachers I need help

I have to interview a teacher about the characteristics of a classroom. I am in need of your response to the questions below you help will be greatly appreciated. If you can think of anything else pertaining to the questions below that you feel might be of use to me I would appreciate any input.

Thank You,
    Tami

What are some examples of typical, quick decisions teachers make on a daily basis?

What were the 5 most difficult school-related decisions you made this week? What made them difficult?

What was the impact of those decisions on the classroom environment? Were the decisions effective?

How do you deal with the inattention of students when going over a lesson? Does this cause a disruption to the class?

How do you keep a classroom full of students with different ways of learning stimulated? How do you deal with the students that become frustrated or bored with the classroom work?
    ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

What would you say are the most rewarding aspects of being a teacher?

Comment

BobbiJo- What would you say are the most rewarding aspects of being a teacher?
      summers off

What are some examples of typical, quick decisions teachers make on a daily basis? angry parent, child to child violence, swearing, child to adult disrespect or violence, vandalism, hygiene, copier is broken and worksheets aren't done, kid barfs.... kid barfs on you, goldfish dies, kid farts, lost homework, homework has all been lost for a month, someone interupts your class, food allergy, does this have gluten in it?, headlice, unacceptable clothing, janitor forgot to take out the garbage, parent who does not want child to spend .25 a day on milk, but does not send a beverage the child, is the child still carrying epi-pen to school in bookbag?

What were the 5 most difficult school-related decisions you made this week? What made them difficult?
      1. Telling a supportive, loving, caring parent that their child is not doing stellar work.
      2. Child insisted they were to go to babsitters house. No note or phone call from parent, no one answered the telephone. Bus is now leaving and still trying to find the babysitters phone number. Do I believe the child?
      3. Parent calls principal to complain about my classroom philosophy. Principal tells her she would do the same thing as me (this is like this moms tenth phone call to the principal), then parent meets with me and is all smiles and never a concern or complaint.
      4. High school helper (17) is feeling cruddy. They want a Tylenol. Legally can't give one. Do I tell her that she isn't allowed to take the Tylenol in my top left desk drawer and then turn my back?
      5. Tornado drill. We get to sit on the bathroom floor that is yellow with urine. So I spend an hour the night before disinfecting it, or do I just let the kids stand.

What was the impact of those decisions on the classroom environment? Were the decisions effective?
      Really didn't impact the classroom environment.

How do you deal with the inattention of students when going over a lesson? Does this cause a disruption to the class?
      Depending on the activity-
      I may modify my voice (quieter, slower,higher, lower, louder) to shock the kids back to me. Sometimes I snap my fingers with a rythmn and I expect them to join in on the pattern. Sing a little song (hand in your lap, put your finger in the air). Depending on the activity, and redirection, it may or maynot disrupt the activity. I believe in brain-based learning children need to have little breaks here and there. Throw in some humor and hopefully when their brains come back they will be refreshed.

How do you keep a classroom full of students with different ways of learning stimulated? How do you deal with the students that become frustrated or bored with the classroom work?
      When I taught 6-12, I liked to do a list of activities covering the topic and the different learning styles. The students needed to choose 4 of the 12 actitives offered. Bored students depend on the student. Job as a classroom notetaker, update a classroom webpage, develop a PPT for classroom vocabulary....
      4-year-olds NEVER get bored... LOL

Comment

Wow Machele...great answers.

I will answer these later today, I am going to be late for work.

One thing that I would add as a quick decision is... What do I do when a child 3rd grade asks a question about sex? I have a little girl that announced to the class that she is getting ready to go through pooperty and she is going to get a period and her boobs are going to grow. How much do I explain?
        DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Working...
        X