Aggh. My mother.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggh. My mother.

Sometimes my mother just has a way of getting on my last nerve and pushing me over the edge.

Okay, vent over. Sorry.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.... but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

Moms have a way of doing that, and I know my kids say the same thing about me! I had a rude awakening a few days ago.. I was preaching to my son about something, and he was mouthing the same exact words as I said them, because he had heard them so many times before. Made me take a good look at myself and the way I carry on sometimes!

Comment

Everyone feels that way about their Mom sometimes. Just be thankful you still have your mother here with you on earth. Mine died in 1989, and what I'd give to have her here bitching at me right now. Try to remember she won't be around much longer.
      Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

I am 63 years old. My mom is 82, and she knows EXACTLY what buttons to push. And she loves doing it. You would think that at my age I wouldn't let her get to me but she does.

Comment

That's funny.
          But what BOO BOO BEAR said is so true.

My Mom can get under my skin, and I get under my kids' skin.

It must be part of our job.

The hard part is NOT mothering them - no matter how old they are - we can't help it - we've done it for so long - and just the MOM in us wants to make sure we cover all the bases and didn't forget to tell them something.........and someday............we will be truly missed, one and all.......

Comment

Wouldn't you LOOOOVE for your mom to actually see you as a mature, contributing member of society who can balance her own cheque book, decide for herself, who to associate with and marry, when to have children, and then, how to raise them.? I know, I sure would like/have liked that from my mom. Instead, my mom can still lay on the guilt trip and I have learned to say 'Umhmmm" or change the subject or just ignore her. Sad, isn't it?

I hope that my experiences with my mother, have influenced how I interact with my daughter. I love her and respect her and desperately bite my tongue every time I hear my mom's opinions in my head. The lessons she learned as a child, are the most important. She is a beautiful person. I think I taught her well.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Oh my... it is totally our job to have nerves stood on and to stand on others.

When my youngest DD was about 14, she yelled at me, You're the worst mother in the world!"

I said, "That's my JOB."

She said, "I hate your guts!"

I said, "That's YOUR job!!"

ha ha
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

There comes a time when you have to treat your adult daughter with respect and not insert your opinions in to everything. Part of being an adult is making mistakes and learning from them. My mother-in-law always says she bites her tongue a lot with some other family members and that's why I love her so. We get along better than I do with my mother. Who wants to be criticized all the time?

Comment

Been there. Done that. 'Nuff said.
                  Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

ugh...when I have more time, I could write a book about the love/hate relationship my mother and I have.
                    I swear it's a mother/daughter thing!!

Comment

Thursday was 16 years ago that my mom passed away. What I would give to have had her here. My son graduated from high school in the top 12 % of his class, was in national honors society, and was accepted to both University of Texas Austin and Texas A&M. She would have been proud of him. He will be attending Texas A&M in the fall and I know both her and my dad would have been beaming.

Comment

Working...
                      X