Hawaii Veteran Visitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Veteran Visitors

My family is going to Hawaii in 3 wks when school is out. Besides going to Pearl Harbor, what are some things we absolutely must do or go see?
    And I was wondering about recommendations on luaus? One that was great for you.
    TIA
    Kris

The Bishop Museum is really interesting. If you are going to multiple islands I recommend the luaua in Maui, Lahiana(sp).

Comment

We went to the Cultural Center (I think that was it) - it rained that day but there was still a lot to see. It ws about 7 years ago and I don't remember a lot, but the kids did enjoy it. It had a lot of tourist traps but seeing the different canoes on the water and hearing the singing, etc. was terrific.

The luau we went to was the at the place you see on Wheel of Fortune or other talk shows when they go to Hawaii - the hotel you stay at can help you. Have a wonderful time - I would love to go back sometime.

Comment

we were in Hawaii in Feb. we were on the island of Ohau ....the Polynesian cultural center is a must see for sure....we also did the island tour ..that was excellent we went snorkling which is also a must do. On the island of Maui we went to the Luau at the Old Lahania you have to plan on attending a Luau if you are going to Hawaii .. Sunrise on Haleakala is spectacular , as we went whale watching ...we saw so many whales ( we were on the rubber rafts they were great ...so up close) and a Dinner sail in the evenings are memorable... the sunsets are beautiful!...must sees. When you go to Pearl harbor...be sure to get there very early as there are line ups and they only let so many in
        The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart. Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
        X