Reason for my lenghty absences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason for my lenghty absences

It's not that I don't like you people anymore or anything like that. I have just found a couple of new ways to add joy and happiness to my life in addition to unearthing my long hidden creative energies!
    I have gotten back into sewing (when I get the latest finished and get pictures on and off the model,Patrick's granddaughter who turns 3 in a few weeks, I will post them. )
    I am so proud of the quality of work I did on this. (and so happy with the brand new serger I picked up for a steal at a church bazaar for 40 bucks!! It is fantastic!!) Wasn't sure if I still had what it took. I first started sewing when I was 10 and most recently had an alterations business for 7years which was very stressful so I stepped away from sewing for pressure. Now I can sew for pleasure and am making things for family, me and starting to get into some sewing crafts that I may be able to sell in the fall for some extra money for Christmas and myself next year.
    Since I have discovered E-Bay and auctions, I will need a little more money to fully enjoy that new hobby! I am also going to pursue becoming an E-Bay seller when I get my license back in August and can go to the post office for myself. Going to try to stick with the sewing aspect.(can find a lot of this stuff in thrift shops and at auctions) Patrick is thinking ahead, he bought a box full of shipping/packing labels at an auction yesterday and 200 rolls of packing tape! LOL! I guess he thinks it is a good idea!
    So, it's not that I don't like you folks, it's just that I have the intense desire to be creative lately, I'm nesting per say and not even pregnant! (nor will I EVER BE ! )
    I will keep you posted with picks as things progress. I check in now and then. Have a great day! Michelle

Good for you. I know that when I start making a necklace I get completely absorbed in it.

Enjoy and I hope you become a regular ebayer. Let us know when you've got something listed.

Comment

You GO, girl!!
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Just stop in every now & then when you have time. We do miss you.

Comment

That is wonderful Michelle! Sounds like things are really beginning to come together for you!! You certainly deserve it....... Great deal on the Serger!! I always wished I could sew...
          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Wish I was closer to you. I really need a tutorial on serging and sewing with knits. A single 'get to know your serger' classjust hasn't cut it with me and there are no other classes offered locally. I NEED someone to help hands-on and then maybe I wouldn't be so afraid of the dang thing.

Good luck with your new venture. Just don't spread yourself so thin that you forget to have fun too.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

All the best to you, and have fun!!!!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Good luck Michelle!
                I organize chores into catagories.
                Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

You certainly dont have to apologize for having a life off the internet LOL. I look at it as a way to fill the time when I'm not doing anything else...which is only for a few minutes a day. I think its awesome that you're doing things that make you feel good! Everybody needs a way to feed their souls!

Comment

Michelle, I'm glad you finally "got a life" and is enjoying it, I know it was hard for you there for awhile, glad it's finally working out for you. Now can you find me a life????

Comment

Sewing does sound fun......I very often wish I would have someone to "teach" me how to sew beyond the basics (I have a practically brand new machine in my attic). I've been looking for a few years now for a place in my area that might give lessons, but nothing My mother died when I was only 12, so there was only Home Ec to teach me and that was like a crash course, so I never picked it up.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors, Michelle!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Working...
                      X