Ohhhhhhhh Noooooooo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohhhhhhhh Noooooooo

I had my tooth pulled Thursday. I woke up this morning to horrible pain and severe swelling. My dentist doesn't have a number for weekend or after hours. I called the ER and they said that they aren't associated with a dentist so they don't have one on call. I don't know what to do. My face is getting tighter and tighter.
    DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Have you tried calling his regular office # ? Sometimes answering service will pick up after hours & weekends. I find it hard to believe that a doctor/ dentist does not have an after hour service. check the yellow pages under Dentist and see if there are any dentists listed that do emergency services. Good luck if all fails go to the ER anyway

Comment

Yes go to ER!!

Comment

Hope you start to feel better soon, let us know what happened!

Comment

My dentist doesn't even have an answering MACHINE. lol

It is swollen, but I am trying so hard to wait till he comes in tomorrow. I have read horrible things on the internet about this. Mine is the top tooth behind the eye tooth....so my cheek is really swollen. The inside of my mouth actually looks normal. The swelling is all up by my cheek bone under my eye. That is the same place where I had all of the pressure before he pulled the tooth.
          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

I have to tell you that if that swelling does not go down you need to RUN to the ER. That can go straight to your heart or brain and kill you. I know because it happened to me and I was put straight in the hospital and they said if the swelling wasn't down by morning they were going to have to lance my face. Not many people know that an impacted tooth can and will kill you.Sorry if I scared you but you NEED to be scared.

Comment

I have been worried about it Charlyn....I just hate the fact of going to the hospital.....I have been trying so hard to make it till morning to call my dentist, especially since they don't have a dentist on call. I guess thought that once the tooth is gone that any doctor can take care of the infection.
              DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

And I think that if you present yourself at the ER they will take care of you. Any kind of infection with your teeth or gums can cause heart trouble, serious heart trouble. Happened to a relative of mine. If you don't want to go to the ER, do you have minor emergency clinics , also known as doc in the box, in your town ??

Comment

We do have an Urgent Care, I guess I could go there. I just keep waiting and waiting. I know not a smart thing to do, but I just don't want to get ready to go. The pain is spreading, so I should go I guess, but what I really want to do is sleep.
                  DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Again,GET YOUR BUTT TO THE dr. When I ended up there and they started asking me questions, like what's my phone number,what was my addrtess I could,t even tell them because I couldn't think straight and didn't even realize it.GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.I had to have drugs in the vains I was so bad!!!!!!

Comment

GIRL WHAT CHARLYN SAID--NOW!!!! I have had dry sockets and they are no fun!!!! What you have sounds a whole pile worse. At least the ER can give you a shot of antibiotics and a painkiller and YOU HAD BETTER BE THE FIRST PERSON YOUR DENTIST SEES TOMORROW. And THEN change dentists!!!!
                      Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Luv, let us know what happened. You will feel so much better. You may a piece of the tooth still under the gum. I hope you are doing much better.

Comment

Yes, please... lkr... let us know how you are!!!
                          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

The dentist called me in Clendamyacin (sp). He said it was a stronger antibiotic. I am going to take that for a few days. I am going to a new dentist as soon as this is over. I just haven't been able to find one that wants to take a new patient in the middle of a problem. If this isn't better with a little relief tomorrow evening like they say should happen, I am going to go to the hospital where the new dentist is on call and be seen that way.

I have been on antibiotics off and on since November with this stupid tooth, then get the thing pulled and the pain gets worse. G0 FIGURE!!!!

Thank you all for your concern
                            DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Hope the new antibiotic will work for you. I agree, you need a new dentist.

Comment

Working...
                              X