What's going on for Mother's Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on for Mother's Day?

Just the three of us but DD has to work, we usually go out Sat. nite because Sunday is too crowded. Brunch is too much for me anymore. DH asked me what I wanted, I don't want candy, flowers or plants. I'm not a jewerly person either. I really would like to just keep my pj's on all day, read the Sunday paper & watch a movie at home. A relaxing day, maybe DH will BBQ some burgers. Seems that will not happen. DD will probably have her b/f over for awhile, so I guess the pj's are out. I really wanted to be Mother of the Year but that isn't going to happen either.

Well I can't say this is going to be the greatest of Mother's Days for me. I just really really want to be able to move home for Mother's Day but that ain't happening so instead I'm going to BBQ some pulled pork and chicken with my new smoker that is my Mother's day gift to myself. My mom and sisters will probably come over and of coarse MIL lives here. My boys are getting me a game for the Ninetendo DS LOL after having to quit my job and stay home all the time I've gotten addicted to playing it.
    ""Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.""

Comment

I made reservations at a fancy brunch at a fancy hotel, but the closer it gets to the time, I've decided to do just cancel and do what I always do.......invite my step-mother, father and MIL over for a cookout. We just have too many expensive projects and other things going on around here this year to be spending $200 just for a brunch!!! Soooooooo, I told DH "he" can be in charge of the menu this year........therefore, I foresee food that HE would like served to him on Father's Day, LOL!!!

DD is very upset she won't be home to spend the day with me for the first time ever in her life I told her it truly is OK because we just spent last weekend visiting her (she's 4 hours away) and I get to see her at the end of May for a day. Besides, I'm blessed all year long with my 3 wonderful children.........need I same more???!!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Whole lotta nuthin' I'm thinkin'... my kids are in PA and OR and I'm in AR.

I mentioned to babe that I'd love a fishing pole for Mother's Day... I wanna learn to fish! He said that maybe that'd be a good gift for the combo of Mom's day and our anniv. (5/5).

I told him he already combines Valentine's day and my birthday (2/14 and 1/16)... and if that's how it goes, I guess I'll combine our anniv. w/ father's day!! Grrrrrrrr.
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

what's going on for Mothers Day.

Well we are leaving Saturday for the Smokies, so we will be on vacation, can't wait, even though I have so much to do beforehand. Since we are going to be gone, I wanted to do something different for my mom, so last week, I got some swiss cheese, mixed pickles, and bakery rye bread and took it to her, along with telling her she would be getting some more before we leave. Yesterday I gave her a bag of different kinds of sugar free candy. In a couple of day I have some solar flowers lights for her. My mil died several years ago, so I only have my own mother to spoil now.

Comment

I will make phone calls. We recently bought my mother-in-law a nice art piece and told her it was for mother's day. My sisters and I kick in cash for our mother and one of us does something. This year she's getting rose bushes. We live too far from both to have a luncheon or anything personal. I hope to get some bedding plants or a birdhouse from my own kids. I don't really need anything and my kids are terrific year round so I don't expect anything just because "mother's day" is printed on the calendar.

Comment

DIL has to work, DS is going to tune up someones car for money on the side, so it looks like I'm babysitting! lol

Comment

angelbutterfly

going hometown buffet for lunch..and then going to lowes hardware store to buy flowers and veggies for my garden..and talk my dh into calling his mother on mother's day..usually it's my job...

Comment

I genuinely hate these "Hallmark" holidays. I feel the same about MD's as I do valentine's day - totally unnecessary if you remember my presence year round. Since I have to work MD's this year, DD's wanted to go for a champagne brunch at a very nice country club yesterday, but I nixed that. They're both now single women making house/car payments, supporting pets, etc. They each live within 5 miles of me, and are here when/if I need them year round. I sure don't need a special day. When I was hospitalized a few days in March, I didn't have to worry about my pets, house or anything else; I knew between them they'd take care of everything. I'm very lucky.

Comment

I remember one year when my kids were creepy teens, they completely ignored my birthday. I was so hurt and told them so... and also told them there wasn't anything I could do to teach them a lesson, cause I'd NEVER forget or ignore their birthday. Mother's Day that year... there were presents everywhere! ha ha

I used to ask them to help me plant flowers on Mother's Day, which usually meant my planting while they sunbathed on towels near me on the lawn. Then, even that got too hard... they preferred to do something else rather than have to give me labor... HA HA HA
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Every Mother's Day DH brings me brekkie in bed,,,he's so good that way, he brings me coffee in bed every morning. We usually just hang out as a family and have a nice dinner together or order in. (My Mom has passed away and so has DH's)
                      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

DH has already told me that he has to work (from home) on Sat. and hopes to get a full day in the workshop on Sun. (mothers day) Well, I will be getting a new kitchen out of all the workshop stuff--eventually--scheduled for mid-June.... but it really would be nice if he suggested that we go out for a meal sometime during the week end. I'm not going to say anything, and will not be TERRIBLY disappointed if it doesn't happen...but it would be nice....
                        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Well neither of the boys has said a thing. Which does not mean they are planning anything special it usually means they forgot or want mom to arrange things...pfff. Oh well we will see.

Huffle
                          God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Day will be no different here. I will still have to make 3 meals & clean up afterwards.. Even if DH orders out I am left with the kitchen mess. I would love a day of no dishes. Fat chance of that. Both of our moms are gone.

Comment

Mommyx2, I think you need some Chinet and plastic forks for Mother's Day!
                              www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X