It was 2 years ago today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was 2 years ago today...

... that babe and I sneaked off and got hitched!

We didn't tell anyone. We just planned to meet at the local judge's office and do the deed. It was warm, so we were both in shorts and t-shirts, but when I got to the judge's office, babe had on a white shirt and tie... w/ his shorts! He also had a tiny bouquet for me and a flower hooked to his suspenders... ha ha. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen!!

We went afterward for a margarita at a local Mexican place (having chosen cinco de mayo as a good date... easy to remember... and all we need to give each other is a margarita!).

The next day we took off for a week in Arkansas... our third trip here... and ended up buying the little house where we live now... in the woods, on 5 acres, 1/2 mile from the lake!

It's our second... and keeper... marriage. He is the BEST!! We're goin' out for our margarita, and dinner, tonight.
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

What a sweet story! Congratulations, and may you celebrate many more!

Comment

That is quite a story, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !

Comment

It doesnt seem like its been that long! I remember when you originally posted about the 2 of you getting married! And if my memory serves me right, I still remember how you were smiling in the picture that you posted back then! Happy Anniversary!

Comment

Congratulations!!!

You must have been reading my mind, I was about to ask if you were ok after the big tornado's there in Arkansas, Good to see your "here".
          jackie

Comment

Happy Anniversary to you and your Babe of a SO.

Comment

Happy Anniversary!

Comment

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a great day.

Comment

Happy Anniversary and here’s wishing you many more to come!!!
                  "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
                  -Will Rogers

Comment

Happy Anniversary!!
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

How sweet ! Happy Happy, and many more..

Comment

Happy Anniversary!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubelishous
                          Happy Anniversary to you and your Babe of a SO.
                          2nd Anniversary of him being Babe of a "DH" now!! What a sweet story!!
                          Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I heard on the radio the other day a comment about remarrage. "You don't marry the person you divorced." Meaning that the new person is usually way different than the one you divorced. I thought that was a cool observation.

Well I hope you have many good years of margarita's ahead. :

Huffle
                            God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Happy Anniversary!!!! Cheers to many more years together!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X