Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Cinco De Mayo!

It Texas it's a pretty big deal! Cheers to my neighbor, Sabine in San Antonio. I brought guacamole for lunch today ...... will have to full spread later today / this evening

Yes, it's that time of the year again. There were some festivities going on here saturday and yesterday, but honestly , we don't celebrate it, most people don't. For us , it's just another day.

Comment

Here is some info for those who don't know what Cinco de Mayo is.

Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "5th of May") is primarily a regional and not an obligatory federal holiday in Mexico.[1][2][3][4][5] The holiday commemorates an initial victory of Mexican forces led by General Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín over French forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. The date is observed in the United States and other locations around the world as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.

A common misconception in the United States is that Cinco de Mayo is Mexico's Independence Day; Mexico's Independence Day is actually September 16 (dieciséis de septiembre in Spanish), which is the most important national patriotic holiday in Mexico.

Comment

If it's not too busy, we may go to the mexican restaurant for a drink or two. I don't tolerate crowds or noise well. I'm thinking most of the celebrating was this past weekend, so we may get lucky.

Comment

Working...
        X