Severe sinus help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe sinus help needed

HELP!!!!! My husband has allergies, mild asthma, and severe sinus problems. In the past, my husband has tried Allegra, Flonase, and nasal washing. He has gone through the allergy shots and is done with them. He currently takes Advair and Zyflo. He had sinus surgery a couple years ago that helped him be able to smell and helped him with his sinuses for a short time.

He is going back to the allergy doc today. I want to arm him with some suggestions as I sure wish he could get off of meds. The Zyflo helps somewhat.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
    Gina
    John 10:9
    www.opendoorchili.org

Have Him Ask The Doc About Singulair. It's An Asthma Medication That Works Well For Allergies Also. Good Luck!

Comment

I just checked with him. Singulair was also tried and it didn't help him. )-:

Comment

Has He Tried Any Of The Steroid Nasal Sprays? Those Help Alot Of People.

Comment

consider finding out if he is allergice to any kind of foods. There are blood tests. His body is being swamped by histimines and it may not be from all airborn things.

Comment

Vitamin C might be of benefit, along with such antioxidant flavonoids as Pycnogenol and quercetin. All are natural antihistamines, and they won't make you drowsy.

Take large doses of the Vitamin C but start slow and build up or else you might have a diarhea problem

Comment

The best thing I have ever found is a prescription spray called astelin.
              www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

angelbutterfly

i'm suffering myself..nothing seems to help..they say this is a horrible year for allergies..

Comment

I am with SJP, astelin has worked wonders for my allergies.

Comment

Look for a product called "SinuCleanse". It is a "netti pot" which means it is like a little teapot, that you mix a saline (salt) solution with warm water and basically "irrigate" your sinuses. It works WONDERS!!! Many Allergists recommend these. Google SinuCleanse...........It helps me a lot. Can be bought at CVS or Walgreens for like $15...
                    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I may have to invest in one of these.

I already irrigate my eyes using saline solution that I use for my contacts. What a relief

Comment

I Didn't Think About Astelin, But It Is Really Good. I Was "addicted" To Afrin, Got Off Of It By Using Astelin, And Still Use It Occ, Helps Real Well, It's An Antihistamine Nasal Spray.

Comment

My DD has allergy induced asthma and the doc put her on Advair and Singular and she is doing fantastic!

Comment

My ENT said not to use netti pots, use the squeeze bottles. It's prety easy to find the Neil's Sinus rinse products. The bottles you squeze get to the back of the sinuses. The netti pots get frontal only, don't get all the stuff out.
                            www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Oh, SJP, I have seen those too... I will try that also....Thanks!
                              Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X