Need Help For Tonights Dinner Please-Gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help For Tonights Dinner Please-Gravy

I got a beef roast in the oven for tonights dinner. I want to make a roux gravy for it instead of the recipe I have been using. Would anyone be so kind to tell me how to make it? Just thought I would try something different. Thx for any help

In a separate saucepan I melt perhaps 3 Tbsp. butter and then whisk in probably an equal amount of flour. It will become a 'paste'. Cook, stirring, until the color darkens a bit. To this you add your pan drippings after skimming off excess fat and water until desired thickness. Season to taste. Sorry I can't give you exact measurements. That's the problem with those of us who have cooking 40 or more years.

Comment

Add Some Liquid, Stirring Until Bubbles, If Too Thick, Add A Little More Liquid, Stirring Until Bubbles, If Too Thick, Repeat Until Desired Consistancy! You Won't Know How Thick It Will Be Until It Boils

Comment

Thanks...much appreciated

Comment

How did your gravy turn out?

Comment

The gravy turned out wonderful..and the roast was the best roast I have ever made. I will go post the recipe in tried and true now. Thx for all the help I got

Comment

Good! I've never been able to master beef gravy. I always end up resorting to the packages of dry mix, doctored up.

Comment

I posted what I did in tried and true for the gravy AngID if you want to look at it

Comment

Working...
                X