Weight Watchers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Watchers??

I went to WW 19 years ago and lost the weight that I wanted ...would like someone's take on the WW that is point counting...any good???
    thanks

DD lost her 40lbs going on 3 years ago doing the point system and has maintained that weight loss. She cannot say enough good things about WW and the point system, and how it turned her life around. She had battled "chunkiness" (as she called it) all her life. In fact, the weight loss helped her get diagnosed as being hypothyroid. The doctor said the weight loss helped "unmask" her condition and it's probably why she always had such a weight problem all her life (she's 23 now).

I did CORE with her that summer and lost 20 lbs without even exercising or trying that hard......I pretty much went into it just as a buddy system with her...........and honestly, I had a bad attitude (defeatist is more like it) but low and behold, I lost the 20 lbs!!!

Now DD lives 4 hours away and I don't want to spend the money any more to go by myself. However, I know that once I would go, I could very easily start losing again, and lose the rest of my bad attitude. I'm not very good at being accountable to myself, but I am when I know I have to weigh in every week. DD still uses Wednesday's (our old weigh in day together) as her weigh in day to keep herself in check. So WW does teach you some good habits most definitely!!!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I need to lose some weight, and this will probably be the program that I choose. I have heard SO many wonderful things about the Point System.. And, I have 3 friends that are doing this with GREAT results....

My Doctor even recommended WW when I talked with him about losing some weight...
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lauren, yes, WW has been recommended by many a doctor to me as well. It's the most sensible type of plan and you don't have to eat far fetched food. There are so many things out on the market now that is WW brand you shouldn't have trouble keeping track of points. Most recently I found WW shredded Mexican cheese and it's great on taco salads, etc.!!!!

I personally HATE journaling, therefore, that's why I chose CORE. I can stick to eating the same thing for a long time as long as I don't have to keep those points. Well, you do have to keep some points if you want to stray off the basic CORE list, but I'll manipulate the system any way I can not to have to keep those blasted points, LOL.

DD on the other hand got sooooo good at managing her points in her head and when she did actually calculate things on paper, she was pretty much dead on. You just start to "know" and get a "feel" for such stuff I guess.
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

I am a lifetime member of weight watchers. I lost my weight on the old program. I have also been on the new program. I think that you lost more on the old program quicker, but I like the new program because there aren't any foods that you just can't have. I remember the first time waiting for weeks to be about to have a small baked potato. this program you can have one the first day if you want to use your points that way.

There are some excellent ww recipes here and there is a site www.dwlz.com that gives you a lot of recipes and dining out points.

good luck. I don't think you can go wrong with weight watchers
          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

DH lost over 25lbs slow rate but he says it's the 3 S's. Salt, sugar & starch. Weekends is a little cheat but he walks around at lunch time & walks on the weekends. He got to that slump weight where no gain or lost for over 2 weeks he was upset but he knows to keep trying. Clorestrol & high blood pressure was the problem, Dr. said go to the grocery store every week & take the pressure, it has went down since his diet (lifestyle) and so did the clorestrol. He goes back to Dr. in June guess another blood test, he feels so much better. We all know to eat more fruit & veggies & not much red meat. He will do this the rest of his life, his Dad had a triple bypass in Dec which is why he had to do it. I know easy to say it but hard to keep up with staying on a healthy lifestyle. Weekdays is good but we do like to go out to eat on weekends.

Comment

I did WW last year and did the point system and it worked well for me. It was so easy...until I screwed it up! Not by overeating or going over my point limit, but by not eating a variety of foods. I can eat a huge quantity of food and never feel full...so I figured that if I had 20 points to use a day, I would eat mostly 1 and 2 point foods and still be able to eat a huge quantity of them. Yes, I lost weight, but I also screwed up my digestive system! WW works, but you have to follow the suggestions they offer and not try to do it YOUR way!

Comment

I absolutely think WW is the best weight loss program on earth. I love the point system because it really works. You can eat out, eat fast food, eat whatever, as long as you stay within your points. And there are so many "free" foods too that are satisfying. They have a really nifty point caculator you can buy there too help you determine how points in food. The only draw back is that you HAVE to read labels while food shopping. In due time, you'll know how many points there are in foods without using the caculator. Most people I know do the points instead of core...
                GOOD LUCK! You'll love it !

Comment

Does anyone have a list of foods and their points?

Comment

Here ya go Maemer..
                    http://www.augustgames.com/weightwatchers.htm#S

Comment

That's so cool Jana that you were able to come up with what looks like a complete list you'd get in one of the WW booklets at a meeting! Very helpful!

Comment

I keep it bookmarked and use it often. It's amazing that it has almost everything listed..

Comment

Working...
                        X