Could be a dumb question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could be a dumb question.....

I need to bake a large Texas Chocolate cake - will have to double the recipe for the size pan I will be using - I sometimes do not have good luck on doubling recipes - any hints or helps please!

Why not make up two separate batches and then combine them rather than doubling the recipe?

Comment

Don't know if this helps, but it's Hunebe's recipe, gives you cooking times and whatnot! Good luck

hunebe
      Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2006

Texas Sheet Cake or Texas Brownies

I've seen similar recipes under both names, but I have always called these Texas Sheet Cake. It makes a lot and is very good. It's a good mix between a cake and a brownie and very chocolatey. Hope you try it!

Texas Sheet Cake

You will need: a 17 x 11 baking pan. (I just use a cooking sheet)
      It makes 48 brownies (more or less how you cut them)

2 cups flour
      2 cups sugar
      1/2 cup butter or margarine
      1/2 cup shortening
      1 cup strong brewed coffee or water
      1/4 cup dark, unsweetened cocoa
      1/2 cup buttermilk (or 2 tsp. vinegar mixed with milk)
      2 eggs
      1 tsp baking soda
      1 tsp vanilla

Frosting:
      1/2 cup butter or margarine
      2 Tblsp. dark cocoa
      1/4 cup milk
      3 1/2 cups unsifted powdered sugar
      1 tsp. vanilla

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar. In heavy saucepan, combine butter shortening, coffee and cocoa. Stir and heat to boiling. Pour boiling mixture over the four and sugar in the bowl. Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla. Mix well, using a spoon or mixer. Pour into well greased jellyroll pan. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes or until done in center. While brownies bake, prepare the frosting. In a saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla until frosting is smooth. Pour warm frosting over brownies as soon as you take them out of the oven. Cool. Cut into 48 bars.

Comment

use this calculator to convert any recipe

http://www.fruitfromwashington.com/Recipes/scale/recipeconversions.php

Comment

Working...
        X