Barbara Walters book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbara Walters book

I just don't get it. she doesn't need the money and yet does a tell all of her life. I am nobody and I wouldn't even try to write a book about myself. Some things are best left behind. These celebs are disappointing. I always have loved Valerie Bertanelia (spelled wrong) Her talking about the drugs, affair why tell it? Her son is young around 20 and even if he knew this garbage what is he thinking of him Mom. I will now get off my soap box. But will not purchase these books.

Some things are better left unsaid. They hurt other people attached to the people they were involved with. No amount of money is worth the things they are spilling theor guts about.

Comment

It has to be an attention-getting ego trip for them. I read Marilu Henner's book, & that woman has slept with more men than Paris Hilton! Why would she write such a thing, with kids & her mother still living when she wrote it? Geez!

Comment

BW is the first newswomen that even broke into the business. She has paved the way for so many women in this field. I think she felt she needed to write the book also she has interviewed so many powerful men & women. It may be a story to be told, she gave up most of her personal life for her career. She has regrets and speaks about it. Yes there is a price to pay when you choose career over family. I really don't think she is proud of her choices but she made them. She is going crazy for the next 3 weeks going to major cities and promoting the book, I really don't think she needs to do that. She should just say you want to read the book, buy it or not. I don't think she needs the money.

Comment

Fame and attention is addictive.

She could have been afraid someone was going to tell that story before her, and maybe she was tired of waiting for the shoe to drop.

She used to dig her heels into guys' feet to get to the front in news conferences. That says a lot.

I am terribly disappointed that she had an affair with a married man. I hate to hear of anyone doing that. It's just terrible that the new generation really thinks marriage is no big deal.
          www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

SJP I did feel bad when she did say about the married man too. I really felt like what the heck??? You settled for less. That was a little shock. But she really did help the women move into this business, she really interviewed so many people. BW is Jewish and helped so many of these women she had to write this book. All the interviews that maybe men could not handle at that time. If she died at least we can read this book. I haven't read the book, but in her experience I felt she needed to do it. She has a story to tell and she did it. I think she seems to be honest with the interviews I saw on TV. What a life she had.

Comment

I don't like it that she is in a silly cat fight with Star. I would think she would be above the petty stuff.
              www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

SJP I know there is so much crap with Star & Rosie too but you got to understand the fight in the young yrs that she had to do to get to be a women to interview famous & powerful men /women. This crap with star & Rosie is total crap & shamless. I think she regrets it. This women traveled all over the world to get interviews & make her mark and this Rosie/Star crap is really beneath her. But she tried to make it a nice moment which it was not. BW life is so interesting during her time, the people she met so many powerful people, not many people at that time could get interviews. Some how she got them & really in their enviorment which no man could ever do.

Comment

I used to have the utmost respect and admiration for Barbara Walters, and although I do have to admire her many accomplishments, this "tell-all" book has taken my opinion down a notch. I can't believe she lowered herself to this now popular thing to do.

Comment

Don't see the point in her airing her dirty laundry in public.
                    My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

Originally posted by DebsterinOhio
                      I used to have the utmost respect and admiration for Barbara Walters, and although I do have to admire her many accomplishments, this "tell-all" book has taken my opinion down a notch. I can't believe she lowered herself to this now popular thing to do.
                      My sentiments exactly. I respected her, but am disappointed now and sure won't read the book. I hate those tell-alls.
                      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I bought the book and I am reading it right now. The book is over 500 pages, and only a handful of pages , I believe 6 pages, are about her affair with the former senator. There is a lot of interesting stuff in the book about her professional life, all the heads of state she met in her life and interviewed, her travels, her fight with ABC and Harry Reasoner and so much more. The media is focusing in on the affair, that happened 30 years ago, because that is the juicy part , so to speak. But there is so much more to the book. She also writes about her childhood, her family, her retarted sister and all the heartbreak that she experienced as a child. I don't have a clue why she wrote the book, maybe she wanted to beat someone else to the punch so to speak. ???? And her parents and her sister are dead, so they don't know she wrote the book, her daughter gave her Ok , and in the book she wrote that she contacted the former senator, and got his ok. So I would say she covered it. And for all those people who are so upset that she had an affair, I hate to break it to you, people have affairs, they had affairs years ago, 30 years like BW, they have them today, and they will have them in the future. She just happened to be honest and write about it. I mean what is the point writing about your life, your memoir , and then leave stuff out?????
                        OK, I am off my soap box, and headed for the corner. LOL

Comment

I will also buy her book. Funny how people think. I think it made her seem so much more real. I like her even better now. To me, it made her more down to earth and more like an every day real person. I am not saying the affair is something to be proud of but she did it and it was real. I respect her for being so honest. Maybe her telling about the affair is something she needed to get off her chest so she didn't have to ever worry about someone else telling about it after she is gone.JMHO

Comment

I am sure that probably was some of her thinking, might as well write about it, before someone else will and then it may not be the truth. But like I posted before, there is so much more to the book, her heartbreak years with her daughter, when her daughter was into drugs, ran away from home and so much more. I always watched BW on TV and she always looked so good and had such an exciting life, glamarous and all that. I never though for a minute that she had a life with such sorrows and heartbreaks. And I am not talking about the affair.

Comment

The problem is that when she chose to air her dirty laundry, she chose to air someone elses too. If her book is so very interesting about everything she has accomplished, then it should have been able to stand alone without all the dirty laundry being strung about. The senator was married, I believe is remarried, and has children. Why would they want their lives suddenly in the limelight over something like this?

Comment

Working...
                              X