I did it! I'm a Master Gardener!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it! I'm a Master Gardener!

Today was the last day of a Master Gardener class that started in February. It's been 3 months of intensive study and hands-on projects and 50 hours of volunteering at county gardens. You all sent me good wishes when I signed up and I couldn't let you down. I am relieved and so happy that I finally did something I've wanted to do for many years. Several in the class are retired so I was in my age group and made wonderful friends. I have so much more to learn but that will come with practice to add to my years of gardening experience. I was asked to be the coordinator for the next class as a vice president of the program. I declined because I'm new in this town & don't have the necessary network or community connections - but I intend to work on both and may apply for the job next time around.

Congrats...a Job well done. You must have worked realy hard for that. What city in Texas are you in?

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Comment

Azucar, congrats on that. See you can do something that you love. I wish you lived near me I got some plants outside that I really don't know. You worked hard and got it aren't you so proud of yourself? You found something that you like and did something about it. Congrats to you be proud. People will love to understand what you know. Hope you take this and help people with their problems on plants or landscaping.

Comment

Congrats!!! I'm sure you are just bursting at the seams with pride at your accomplishment. Sure wish I could find such a course in my area. I would find it great fun as well. Best wishes for continued success in your quest to learn even more!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Congrats!! Does your community have an annual Garden walk or show, where participants open their yards to visitors? I love to see what other people have done in their gardens.
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

How wonderful!! I'm jealous!! Now, don't be a stranger here when we all have gardening questions! ha ha

Enjoy!!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Congratulations, what an accomplishment! Best wishes and success.

Comment

That is wonderful, congratulations.

Comment

I did it

Congrats-that must of been fun

Comment

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!

Comment

How wonderful....Congrats!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the good wishes. You guys are the best friends! In order to continue certification we have to volunteer at county and city gardens on a regular basis and also to get continuing education hours. I encourage everyone to contact their county extension office with any and all plant issues. The agents are well informed and happy to assist. There was a joke going around that in order to be a true MG, we have to first kill 1,000 plants and I think I'm halfway on that project. As an FYI, those of you in arid rocky areas, High Country Gardens in Albuquerque has an excellent website with tons of techniques, plants, tips, etc. Also, Texas A&M University's www.plantanswers.com is another good source for problem-solving. This particular site gets thousands of hits each month from all over the world. Texas is so extensive that somewhere in this state there is an ecosystem representative of another part of the world and the problems are usually identical. Best wishes.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I think I'll call my county extension office for info about the black spots on my rose leaves and about getting prepared for the june bugs that I know are going to swarm my yard again this year. I forget all about them being a resource and just look to my pals here for answers.

Comment

Awesome! Way to go!
                            Make your own Luck

Comment

Congratulations! That's a lot of hard work! I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X