Prayers for Babe... and me... please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers for Babe... and me... please?

My husband is as stubborn as the day is long. He's always had a bad back and just pushes thru the pain, thinking that it's gonna hurt anyhow so why not do what you want? And what he likes to do is work HARD outside.

He started complaining earlier this week that his hip and thigh felt numb... classic nerve compression, I'm thinking. By yesterday he was hobbling around like a troll and went to bed at 7:30. The skin around his waist on the other side going around to his lower belly also hurts and is painful to touch... also a nerve thing!!

He won't consider an orthopedist cause he says all they'll want to do is back surgery and won't consider a chiropractor cause the stupid military doesn't acknowledge chiropractic and won't pay! I met a girl on Saturday (at a health fair of sorts) who was representing a chiropractor who does spinal decompression and acupuncture as well as chiropractic. I have a card for a free exam and WILL make and appt. and DRAG Babe to see him.

The bad part is that he has to work today, tomorrow, and Monday for the post office and as he's so new, he won't consider being sick. I'm afraid his leg, which he can't feel, will just give out on him... maybe then they'll MAKE him come home and he can get to the chiropractor sooner!

Prayers for him are so his back feels better. Prayers for me are so that I don't kill him before his back feels better!!
    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Luvs,
    prayers are going out to both of you
    Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

Luvs - I hope they DO send him home from work so he can get to a dr. Poor guy ~
      Prayers go to both of you.
      Tessa

Comment

Prayers for you both hope your hubby at least talks to dr maybe some PT would give him at least some relief, hugs and prayers! keep us posted.

Comment

I'd get a real dr to do an xray before I let a chiropracter touch him. Chiropractors are the only alternative medicine I'm not too keen on. They can do real damage.
          www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

You will definately both be in my prayers. Men can be so stubborn! It might not be as bad as he thinks it will be, but the longer he waits, the more damage he could be doing!

Comment

I love, love, love my chiropractor. I have lower back problems as well as neck problems. The neck problems are primarily from sitting at the computer so much. Twenty minutes with him and I'm good as gold.

I hope your DH sees someone about the pain and gets it treated.

Comment

Prayers for you husband!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by southernjewishprincess
                  I'd get a real dr to do an xray before I let a chiropracter touch him. Chiropractors are the only alternative medicine I'm not too keen on. They can do real damage.
                  I hear you and agreed for many years, but Time or Newsweek had a long article years ago that changed my mind... about chiropractic being good for specific things like lower back pain... so much so that orthopedists recommend them before resorting to surgery. AFTER surgery, a chiropractor won't touch you. They're NOT for medical issues like some claim to know... like curing allergies or ear infections w/ spinal manipulation.

Plus, I think spinal decompression, an easy palliative measure, might really help. I'm interested in his being a certified acupuncturist too.
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

My prayers are with you both!

Comment

Stay Away From Chiropractors!! Especially If Pinched Nerves. Make Him See His Family Doc (your A Nurse, You Know All This!), Let Him Do Xrays/mri, Can Do Physical Therapy If Needed, Or Even Pain Management For Epidural Steroid Injections.

Good Luck To Both Of You!!

Comment

Oh Luvs!!! I am thinking big strong, pain relief thoughts at your DH and strong smack-him-over-the-head-and drag-him-to-a-professional thoughts at you. Keep us posted please.
                        Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Don't chiropractor's do an x-ray before any treatments? Hubby's always did, anyway. I have seen the ad for the one you are talking about, I think. Do believe they are NOT what they used to be. Some MD's even recommend them for certain things these days. Prayers for your hubby. My oldest suffers from back pain also. He lives in DE, or I'd tell him about this man.

Comment

I have been threw the back problems, had sugery and still have back problems. Sorry, but I have to agree with your hubby, it's going to hurt no matter what you do, go ahead and do what you enjoy doing. Have him stand flat footed then try and raise up on his toes, if he can't do it he'd better get to a doctor, could do some pernament nerve damage. That's the reason I had the surgery.

Comment

i agree with SJP,a real doctor and real help, most people i know that have back surgery are never the same, but maybe theres therapy or drugs that will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X