Update on GS crap:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on GS crap:

So my NOW co-leader#3 (who still cant find $400 cookie money) went and told the cookie manager that she handed ME all the money and the left over 22 cases of cookies...and that I must have screwed it up!!! In reality...she over slept on our last booth sale...one of the OTHER co-leaders and I ran to her house and took what cookies she had left (10cases).
    When I found out she said I screwed it up she said "Well, I'll check my garage for other cookies but I know you took everything I had!!!".
    Now, because there is such a problem within my service unit (because of my troop)...they pulled MY records, froze MY accounts, and now I am being investigated!!!!!
    My other 2 co-leaders (I have 3 all together) said "NO WAY! We KNOW we only had 10cases that morning!!! She is responsible for that money!"
    The third co-leader is still friends with the woman who stole from the girls LAST year...its gotten VERY complicated.
    Now I have to go to council with all three co-leaders next week and get to the bottom of the issue...I can only hope that co-leader #3 gets the boot.
    I actually took a picture THAT morning of the girls at the cookie booth sale... you cant see anything NEAR 22cases of cookies...only around 8! We always stack them UNDER the table...she is so caught!
    Sad that I trusted her, and I'm upset withmyself that I let her do this...all the while covering for her OTHER mistakes!
    I only just found out SHE wanted the troop...and was VERY upset council trusted me with it!!! She has been nothing but problems, and I should have picked up on it when I saw she remained friends with "last years" leader.

Sad day for Girl Scouts....

Swear you just cant trust anyone .....hope you get cleared soon shame on her!!!!!!!!

Comment

I want to back out of this stuff...but those poor little girls have been thru enough already!
      I dont remember it being like this when MY Mom was a leader....but that was (Ahem...) over 35yrs ago

Comment

Good grief, such drama for girl scouts!!
        Looks like the makings of a good tv show! lol

Seriously, I hope everything gets straightened out for you. It sounds like too much stress!

Comment

wow.....and all you are doing is trying to help the youth of America. What kind of example does this woman set? Sad for the troop and especially her daughter.

good luck. I have been in a similar situation
          DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Good thing you had somepne with you as witness! Good luck. Would she not get a receipt for money that was given to you, if she had given it to you? From here on out, I'd be tempted to count money infront of giver and have them sign receipt of how much you were given.

Comment

We are trying to teach them morals and values, empowerment and to be trustworthy...how can I teach them these things when 2 adults have screwed them so far? I REALLY thought this would end when we split the troop and got rid of the other leaders back in December...boy was I WRONG!

I think I'm more hurt than anything...these poor kids have been thru so much already. I feel for them, and thats why I stay.

Comment

How much do the girls really know and understand?

Comment

I dont talk in front of my DD...but they are 8/9yr olds, they pick up on EVERYTHING.

Comment

True plus what they may hear at their homes from their mothers.

Comment

I was the Cookie Mom when My DD was a Brownie. It was run like Fort Knox!
                      I got the cookies for orders, booth sales and re-orders and didn't involve anyone else. I can't even imagine more than one person trying to keep track of all that! I had a hard enough time myself!

Comment

jerry jerry jerry

springer show stuff..

Comment

Yeah I don't think we have had an update in awhile.

Comment

ok...heres whats been happening:

Co-leader said "I cant seem to figure out what happened...I have all my deposit slips, it must have been your error! But if I cant find one of the deopsit slips FOR WHATEVER REASON than we'll go to "plan B"...I'll say I just "found" an envelope with the missing cash...and we'll all chip in $100.00" HOLY MOLY!

Having a meeting TONIGHT at 7pm at my house with my 3 co-leaders, with ALL the paperwork...getting to the bottom of this BEFORE our council meeting next week. I'm just shaking my head here.

Comment

Always get signed receipts - it is a safety/protection for yourself as well as whomever you are dealing with. It does not mean you don't trust them it is for legal purposes only in case something happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X