The Duggar's expecting baby#18!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duggar's expecting baby#18!

My mom called me today and told me. I knew it wouldn't be long before she would have another one. The youngest will be 1 yr. old in August.

Personally, I think this family is so incredibly irresponsible and basically a bunch of nutballs. With all the problems this world has with overpopulation, they just keep popping them out. I watched a show about them once and I thought all the kids were little robots. How can you effectively parent and show 18 children the love and attention that they truly need.

Just sickens me!

dragun/wendy

Comment

I think it's just cruel to all these children. The older kids take care of the younger kids from an early age on as if they were their own. They can't and will never enjoy their own personal childhood. The parents are just plain stupid. There is NO way you can have a close bond, with each child, like a parent should have, with 18 kids. Sorry !! Slam me if you want....

Comment

Tooooo ridiculous!!!!!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Personally, I couldn't & wouldn't do this, but, since they have plenty of money & seemingly plenty of love to go around, it doesn't bother me near as much as these welfare spongers that keep poppin 'em out every 9 mo. The children appear to be very happy & well-adjusted.

Comment

When she's near term, she'd better walk with her legs crossed or that poor baby's gonna fall out!!!

Comment

I agree with all comments. I about s*** my pants when I read this tis morning. And he says that they will keep having them as God wills them. GEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

While I personally would never have that many kids (my gosh, that poor woman's body!), I have no problem with their choices and lifestyle. The parents are raising kids that seem to really care about each other and help each other. You will most likely see 18 very productive members of society. I know many 'traditional' families that don't come close to the accomplishments of the Duggars. This family is not on welfare or any other gov't handout. Who are we to say how many kids they should have?

Comment

That's true, this family is not on welfare, and that is because they are living off their children so to speak. They are selling their story to whoever is willing to pay for it, be it the Discovery channel , be it a book, presenting their life style in workshops, motivational speaking, you name , they do it, and they are not doing it for FREE. I have watched the program a few times and I yet have to hear anything about the father's job, what kind of job? does he even have a job? or is he just managing the family ?? I have read that he has a real estate license, so he is sellling real estate ?
                  This is a life style that I just don't understand. Nobody can give 17 , soon to be 18, children the attention that they need. The older kids are raising the younger ones, while Mom pops them out every 18 month or so. I guess she is going to have kids until she goes into menopause
                  And since this is a family board, I can't even post what I think of the father I think they are their own little mini cult.

Comment

They look creepy to me. Like they walked out of a 1983 Olan Mills Studio or something.
                    www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

thats just sick

Comment

The father is a real estate agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine
                          That's true, this family is not on welfare, and that is because they are living off their children so to speak. They are selling their story to whoever is willing to pay for it, be it the Discovery channel , be it a book, presenting their life style in workshops, motivational speaking, you name , they do it, and they are not doing it for FREE. I have watched the program a few times and I yet have to hear anything about the father's job, what kind of job? does he even have a job? or is he just managing the family ?? I have read that he has a real estate license, so he is sellling real estate ?
                          This is a life style that I just don't understand. Nobody can give 17 , soon to be 18, children the attention that they need. The older kids are raising the younger ones, while Mom pops them out every 18 month or so. I guess she is going to have kids until she goes into menopause
                          And since this is a family board, I can't even post what I think of the father I think they are their own little mini cult.
                          OMG Sabine!!!!! your sooo rite on those are my thoughts as well ...and then some but like I have said before will keep it censored but it all evolves around I dont believe for a second either mom or dad can provide 100 % emotional or financial support to raise 18 children not possible without much help (come on on the rare trip to mcdonalds they must drop at least 100.00!)and sacrifice even on the older kids ....

editing to say maybe this time while she is in the hospital they will maybe install a EJECT button for her? LOL sorry but that has to be hell on her body. heck animals have litters and dont stay preggo this long!
                          Last edited by wishingstar; 05-10-2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

There is a write up on the family in our local paper this morning, this is part of what was written.

" Jim Bob Duggar, a former member of the Arkansas Legislatureand an unsuccessful U.S. Senate canditate, hasn't been specific when asked how he supports such a big family. But he said he was guided by a seminar abut 20 years ago- a system he still advocates - that blends finance and religion. "

" Michelle Duggar, 41, who has been pregnant for 11 years of her life, said she and her husband will continue to have children as longs as God wills it. "

Interesting ?? I thought so. Jim Bob is embarrassed to admit he pimps i.e. lives of his children, that's how I see it. I mean why can't he say how he makes a living ??? If he sells real estate then say so.
                            Just thought I share the article.

Comment

They are independently wealthy. Worked hard when first married, lived frugally, saved, & invested wisely in real estate.

Comment

Working...
                              X